JAPAN: Mazda aims to sell 240,000 units a year of new Atenza/6 globally
Mazda Motor has launched its redesigned Atenza in Japan, aiming to sell 240,000 units a year world-wide.
The third generation of the Atenza, sold overseas as the Mazda 6 and descended from the Capella/626, features advanced safety technologies and a new fuel-efficient system. The vehicle has already been introduced in some countries in Europe and will be launched in over 120 countries in total, including the United States, Mazda told Kyodo News.
The new model, which comes in sedan and wagon forms, is currently manufactured at Mazda's plant in Yamaguchi Prefecture, western Japan. President Takashi Yamanouchi said at a press conference that the automaker also plans to produce the vehicle in Russia and China. US production ended with the previous generation last August.
Japanese-born Ichiro Hirose (52) is rather enjoying himself in Europe. He gets to drive cars quickly on open roads, judging the distance between his car and oncoming vehicles with an engineer's precis...
Business Monitor International's Indonesia Autos Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, auto associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with indepe...
Results season - Q1 2013, Q4/fiscal year 2012/3, etc. We disappear under a mountain of figures and you get it all neatly sliced, diced and packaged here. Enjoy....
Ford will free up much needed production capacity in North America by moving Fiesta production from Mexico to Thailand in 2016, according to a US newspaper....
Mazda Motor announced that Masamichi Kogai had been named president and CEO from 25 June, succeeding Takashi Yamanouchi who remains chairman....
- Jaguar Land Rover's lightweight future
- INTERVIEW: Ford of Europe's chief, Stephen Odell
- GENEVA WRAP: Europe still struggles, future bright
- INTERVIEW: Ford UK fleet director, Phil Hollins
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: iOS (and Android) in the car
- 'One Ford' has kept us alive in Europe
- GENEVA: Apple launches car iOS
- GENEVA: Jaguar names 'small' saloon XE
- JLR reported close to Saudi Arabia factory deal
- EXCLUSIVE: Renault axes another EV
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Dacia: The no frills automotive brand, that is becoming a serious world contender
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- China’s One-Child Policy is Shaping a New Automotive Landscape
- Global light vehicle HVAC market 2008 to 2028