JAPAN: Mazda aims to sell 240,000 units a year of new Atenza/6 globally
Mazda Motor has launched its redesigned Atenza in Japan, aiming to sell 240,000 units a year world-wide.
The third generation of the Atenza, sold overseas as the Mazda 6 and descended from the Capella/626, features advanced safety technologies and a new fuel-efficient system. The vehicle has already been introduced in some countries in Europe and will be launched in over 120 countries in total, including the United States, Mazda told Kyodo News.
The new model, which comes in sedan and wagon forms, is currently manufactured at Mazda's plant in Yamaguchi Prefecture, western Japan. President Takashi Yamanouchi said at a press conference that the automaker also plans to produce the vehicle in Russia and China. US production ended with the previous generation last August.
Japanese-born Ichiro Hirose (52) is rather enjoying himself in Europe. He gets to drive cars quickly on open roads, judging the distance between his car and oncoming vehicles with an engineer's precis...
Results season - Q1 2013, Q4/fiscal year 2012/3, etc. We disappear under a mountain of figures and you get it all neatly sliced, diced and packaged here. Enjoy....
Ford will free up much needed production capacity in North America by moving Fiesta production from Mexico to Thailand in 2016, according to a US newspaper....
Mazda Motor announced that Masamichi Kogai had been named president and CEO from 25 June, succeeding Takashi Yamanouchi who remains chairman....
New Zealand's new commercial vehicle registrations of 2,235 units was the best April result since 1982 when 2,754 were sold, according to the new vehicle trade group....
- Management briefing: Paris show preview
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: BMW i8
- Jaguar's XE spearheads new industrial strategy
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris gets closer
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Renault Twingo
- PARIS DEBUTS: Honda CR-V facelift
- EC gives Germany two months to comply with MAC
- Ford recalls 850,050 cars for airbag systems check
- JLR to start Brazil assembly with Discovery Sport?
- ZF UK axle factory marks 10 years of JLR supply
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report
- Analysis of over 140 Lithium-based Rechargeable Battery Manufacturers: Chemistry, Strategy, Success
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report