INDIA: Maruti Suzuki already planning fourth factory
The company already has a 50% market share in India although the competition is getting stronger. The addition of a fourth factory, in the western state of Gujarat, would nearly double the unit's domestic production to about 3m vehicles annually and help boost exports to Europe and the Middle East.
Maruti Suzuki plans to start building its third plant in the district of Mehsana, also in Gujarat, in March and begin rolling out cars there by 2015. It has already purchased the land for the fourth factory which will launch production around 2017.
The carmaker already has production facilities in Manesar and Gurgaon in the northern state of Haryana. Gujarat extends into the Arabian Sea and has a number of good ports, including Mundra, making it a convenient export hub.
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Sales growth of 34% in the first half of this year has catapulted Suzuki into the UK top 20, ahead of Volvo and Mazda and nibbling at the heels of Renault....
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd, India's biggest carmaker, aims to sell more cars overseas to offset slowing demand at home, where it expects sales to grow 5% or less in the current financial year....
Maruti Suzuki boosted net profit for its first fiscal quarter 49% to INR6,316m, citing cost reduction, favourable foreign exchange rates and a benefit from merging Suzuki Powertrain India last fiscal ...
Flush with the success of its recently launched entry-level Amaze sedan, Honda's Indian unit has fast tracked plans to launch a seven-seater multi purpose vehicle (MPV) to compete with Maruti Suzuki's...
Suzuki expects car sales in Russia flat year on year at 33,000 units in 2013, Koichi Takakura, general director of Suzuki Motor Rus, told reporters....
Maruti Suzuki sales in India shrank 7.8% in June from the previous year to 77,002 units, the company said. This followed a 14.4% drop in May....
Suzuki is launching its redesigned SX4 - its predecessor was developed and built jointly with Fiat - but the name might not stick in Europe because the new model is vastly different from the outgoing ...
- ANALYSIS - Jaguar takes on Porsche with F-PACE
- THE WEEK - aftermarket player and new products
- Autumn facelift beckons for Citroen's Family hit
- General Motors' platform strategy decoded
- Peugeot steps up a gear with new 3008
- Romanian PM asks Ford for more
- Ford recalls 271,000 F-150s for brake job
- Magna to build aluminium casting facility in UK
- Maserati to double Levante SUV output
- Volkswagen nominates 55 FAST suppliers
- Global light vehicle safety systems market - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market - forecasts to 2030
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (12-month membership)
- Global light vehicle roof systems market - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle turbochargers market - forecasts to 2030