INDIA: Maruti Suzuki already planning fourth factory
The company already has a 50% market share in India although the competition is getting stronger. The addition of a fourth factory, in the western state of Gujarat, would nearly double the unit's domestic production to about 3m vehicles annually and help boost exports to Europe and the Middle East.
Maruti Suzuki plans to start building its third plant in the district of Mehsana, also in Gujarat, in March and begin rolling out cars there by 2015. It has already purchased the land for the fourth factory which will launch production around 2017.
The carmaker already has production facilities in Manesar and Gurgaon in the northern state of Haryana. Gujarat extends into the Arabian Sea and has a number of good ports, including Mundra, making it a convenient export hub.
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Sales growth of 34% in the first half of this year has catapulted Suzuki into the UK top 20, ahead of Volvo and Mazda and nibbling at the heels of Renault....
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd, India's biggest carmaker, aims to sell more cars overseas to offset slowing demand at home, where it expects sales to grow 5% or less in the current financial year....
Maruti Suzuki boosted net profit for its first fiscal quarter 49% to INR6,316m, citing cost reduction, favourable foreign exchange rates and a benefit from merging Suzuki Powertrain India last fiscal ...
Flush with the success of its recently launched entry-level Amaze sedan, Honda's Indian unit has fast tracked plans to launch a seven-seater multi purpose vehicle (MPV) to compete with Maruti Suzuki's...
Suzuki expects car sales in Russia flat year on year at 33,000 units in 2013, Koichi Takakura, general director of Suzuki Motor Rus, told reporters....
Maruti Suzuki sales in India shrank 7.8% in June from the previous year to 77,002 units, the company said. This followed a 14.4% drop in May....
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: More musical chairs
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- COMMENT: Tesla's Musk talks a good game
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- PARIS DEBUTS: Citroën & Lamborghini concepts
- Largest Rolls-Royce order ever bound for Macau
- Alliance re-thinking EV battery strategy - report
- Jaguar "takes over London" for XE reveal
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)