INDIA: Maruti Suzuki already planning fourth factory
The company already has a 50% market share in India although the competition is getting stronger. The addition of a fourth factory, in the western state of Gujarat, would nearly double the unit's domestic production to about 3m vehicles annually and help boost exports to Europe and the Middle East.
Maruti Suzuki plans to start building its third plant in the district of Mehsana, also in Gujarat, in March and begin rolling out cars there by 2015. It has already purchased the land for the fourth factory which will launch production around 2017.
The carmaker already has production facilities in Manesar and Gurgaon in the northern state of Haryana. Gujarat extends into the Arabian Sea and has a number of good ports, including Mundra, making it a convenient export hub.
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Sales growth of 34% in the first half of this year has catapulted Suzuki into the UK top 20, ahead of Volvo and Mazda and nibbling at the heels of Renault....
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Compressed Natural Vehicle market in the APAC region to reach 15 million units by 2015. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is increasing fuel p...
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd, India's biggest carmaker, aims to sell more cars overseas to offset slowing demand at home, where it expects sales to grow 5% or less in the current financial year....
Maruti Suzuki boosted net profit for its first fiscal quarter 49% to INR6,316m, citing cost reduction, favourable foreign exchange rates and a benefit from merging Suzuki Powertrain India last fiscal ...
Flush with the success of its recently launched entry-level Amaze sedan, Honda's Indian unit has fast tracked plans to launch a seven-seater multi purpose vehicle (MPV) to compete with Maruti Suzuki's...
Suzuki expects car sales in Russia flat year on year at 33,000 units in 2013, Koichi Takakura, general director of Suzuki Motor Rus, told reporters....
- INTERVIEW: Ford of Europe's chief, Stephen Odell
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: iOS (and Android) in the car
- GENEVA WRAP: Europe still struggles, future bright
- COMMENT: Russian auto jitters in Crimea poker
- Jaguar Land Rover's lightweight future
- EXCLUSIVE: Renault axes another EV
- Jaguar recruits Beckham as China brand ambassador
- Geely to axe domestic brands
- Tata mulls platform collaboration with Chery
- Car sales in Western Europe up 5.1% in February
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Dacia: The no frills automotive brand, that is becoming a serious world contender
- China’s One-Child Policy is Shaping a New Automotive Landscape
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Auto Parts Manufacturing in China