GERMANY: MAN to supply chassis to Sany
Volkswagen group truck unit MAN has signed a contract to deliver truck chassis to Sany Heavy Industries of China though the value of the contract was not disclosed.
MAN and Sany "will step up their business relationship with regard to special-purpose vehicles ... with a view to strengthening their respective market positions in the construction-machinery sector," the German group said in a statement cited by news agency AFP.
Sany is one of the world's leading manufacturers of construction machinery and specialises in concrete mixers and pumps.
Earlier this year, the Chinese group purchased the German concrete-pump manufacturer Putzmeister.
"We are proud that Sany has decided to equip its concrete pumps with robust and environmentally compatible chassis and engines from MAN," said MAN Truck and Bus marketing chief Frank Hiller.
The deal marked "a further milestone on the way to accessing the Chinese market but also to growth in the rest of Asia," Hiller said.
More read-it-and-weep news for struggling European rivals from Volkswagen group this week as it chalked up another little milestone - selling over 3m vehicles in the first four months of a year....
According to analysts forecasts, the passenger vehicle market in China is expected to reach 21.2 million units by 2015. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the government sup...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global heavy trucks market, major manufacturers, top markets, manufacturing trends and market size forecasts. Use this report t...
South Africa's main auto union on Friday threatened to "halt production" at a Volkswagen factory in the country to protest against the dismissal of its members....
Volkswagen's Spanish affiliate SEAT has launched the new Leon in Mexico, a move designed to strengthen the brand's strategy for international growth and profitability....
After announcing an after-tax operating loss of A$141m for the 2012 financial year, following a A$290m loss in 2011, Ford has finally thrown in the manufacturing towel in Australia and will close its ...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- PRODUCT EYE: Audi RS Q3
- PSA issues new business plan
- BEIJING DEBUTS: New Cruze, but old model to remain
- NYIAS DEBUTS: Multiple updates after 1st Media Day
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- GM HR and comms chiefs quit
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global electrified light vehicles market 2007 to 2018