GERMANY: MAN to supply chassis to Sany
Volkswagen group truck unit MAN has signed a contract to deliver truck chassis to Sany Heavy Industries of China though the value of the contract was not disclosed.
MAN and Sany "will step up their business relationship with regard to special-purpose vehicles ... with a view to strengthening their respective market positions in the construction-machinery sector," the German group said in a statement cited by news agency AFP.
Sany is one of the world's leading manufacturers of construction machinery and specialises in concrete mixers and pumps.
Earlier this year, the Chinese group purchased the German concrete-pump manufacturer Putzmeister.
"We are proud that Sany has decided to equip its concrete pumps with robust and environmentally compatible chassis and engines from MAN," said MAN Truck and Bus marketing chief Frank Hiller.
The deal marked "a further milestone on the way to accessing the Chinese market but also to growth in the rest of Asia," Hiller said.
More read-it-and-weep news for struggling European rivals from Volkswagen group this week as it chalked up another little milestone - selling over 3m vehicles in the first four months of a year....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global heavy trucks market, major manufacturers, top markets, manufacturing trends and market size forecasts. Use this report t...
South Africa's main auto union on Friday threatened to "halt production" at a Volkswagen factory in the country to protest against the dismissal of its members....
Volkswagen's Spanish affiliate SEAT has launched the new Leon in Mexico, a move designed to strengthen the brand's strategy for international growth and profitability....
After announcing an after-tax operating loss of A$141m for the 2012 financial year, following a A$290m loss in 2011, Ford has finally thrown in the manufacturing towel in Australia and will close its ...
Toyota has reasserted itself as the world's most valuable car brand, replacing BMW, rated the top brand in the Millward Brown survey in 2010 and 2012. Toyota held the top spot in 2006-2009 and again i...
- Audi TDI tech is 25 years of age
- Swallowing Fiat-Chrysler 'would be bad for VW'
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: BMW X4
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Driving the Swedish nanny state
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Roasting in Kia's Mojave oven
- Sir Nick Scheele dies
- Volvo claims two safety firsts for XC90
- Rule change hits 'free charger' offers for EVs
- Nissan learns from India mistakes
- Opel Group formed within Adam Opel
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- New Cars: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018