GERMANY: MAN to supply chassis to Sany
Volkswagen group truck unit MAN has signed a contract to deliver truck chassis to Sany Heavy Industries of China though the value of the contract was not disclosed.
MAN and Sany "will step up their business relationship with regard to special-purpose vehicles ... with a view to strengthening their respective market positions in the construction-machinery sector," the German group said in a statement cited by news agency AFP.
Sany is one of the world's leading manufacturers of construction machinery and specialises in concrete mixers and pumps.
Earlier this year, the Chinese group purchased the German concrete-pump manufacturer Putzmeister.
"We are proud that Sany has decided to equip its concrete pumps with robust and environmentally compatible chassis and engines from MAN," said MAN Truck and Bus marketing chief Frank Hiller.
The deal marked "a further milestone on the way to accessing the Chinese market but also to growth in the rest of Asia," Hiller said.
More read-it-and-weep news for struggling European rivals from Volkswagen group this week as it chalked up another little milestone - selling over 3m vehicles in the first four months of a year....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global heavy trucks market, major manufacturers, top markets, manufacturing trends and market size forecasts. Use this report t...
South Africa's main auto union on Friday threatened to "halt production" at a Volkswagen factory in the country to protest against the dismissal of its members....
Volkswagen's Spanish affiliate SEAT has launched the new Leon in Mexico, a move designed to strengthen the brand's strategy for international growth and profitability....
After announcing an after-tax operating loss of A$141m for the 2012 financial year, following a A$290m loss in 2011, Ford has finally thrown in the manufacturing towel in Australia and will close its ...
Toyota has reasserted itself as the world's most valuable car brand, replacing BMW, rated the top brand in the Millward Brown survey in 2010 and 2012. Toyota held the top spot in 2006-2009 and again i...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: It's good news week....
- ANALYSIS: MG on the road to nowhere
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Land Rover Defender
- Briefing: Vehicle connectivity technologies (1)
- First Solihull Jaguar leaps into production
- GKN claims world first for integrated FCA AWD
- Shanghai show debuts list updated
- Regulator fines Deloitte over MG Rover failures
- GERMANY: Mazda outsells Nissan as Qashqai crashes
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029