GERMANY: MAN slows production as orders dwindle
MAN will scale back truck production in January because of slowing orders.
Sueddeutsche Zeitung reported chief executive Anders Nielsen as saying that production is to be adjusted according to demand. He added the company has applied for subsidies under the German government's short-time work programme, Kurzarbeit, for the first half of 2013.
He said job cuts were not planned though short-time working would affect 3,500 workers at the Munich plant and 1,800 in Salzgitter.
Daimler Trucks slowed production at its Woerth assembly plant in October and November in response to weak demand in Europe but has not applied for assistance under the short-time work programme.
Nielsen told Sueddeutsche Zeitung he expects business to be stable at a "lower level" over the next two to three years but would work to improve profitability at MAN.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Units by the following Product Segments: Battery Powered Electric Vehicles (BPEVs), Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs), and Fuel ...
Hubject 's Intercharge eRoaming platform went live during the International Emobility Conference in Berlin hosted by the German federal government....
Echoing a similar model-sharing deal with the Renault-Nissan alliance in Europe, General Motors is to rebadge Nissan's NV200 van to sell in the US and Canada as the Chevrolet City Express....
Daimler is reportedly in early talks with Aston Martin over a supply arrangement to Aston Martin that is thought to involve Mercedes engines....
Daimler has said it now expects earnings to fall this year, following a 60% slump in first quarter profits and a 3% decline in revenue....
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tatkata airbag recall extended to 7.8m US vehicles
- JLR-Chery JV opens China factory
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- Daimler restructures cooperation with Tesla
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)