GERMANY: MAN slows production as orders dwindle
MAN will scale back truck production in January because of slowing orders.
Sueddeutsche Zeitung reported chief executive Anders Nielsen as saying that production is to be adjusted according to demand. He added the company has applied for subsidies under the German government's short-time work programme, Kurzarbeit, for the first half of 2013.
He said job cuts were not planned though short-time working would affect 3,500 workers at the Munich plant and 1,800 in Salzgitter.
Daimler Trucks slowed production at its Woerth assembly plant in October and November in response to weak demand in Europe but has not applied for assistance under the short-time work programme.
Nielsen told Sueddeutsche Zeitung he expects business to be stable at a "lower level" over the next two to three years but would work to improve profitability at MAN.
Hubject 's Intercharge eRoaming platform went live during the International Emobility Conference in Berlin hosted by the German federal government....
Echoing a similar model-sharing deal with the Renault-Nissan alliance in Europe, General Motors is to rebadge Nissan's NV200 van to sell in the US and Canada as the Chevrolet City Express....
Daimler is reportedly in early talks with Aston Martin over a supply arrangement to Aston Martin that is thought to involve Mercedes engines....
Daimler has said it now expects earnings to fall this year, following a 60% slump in first quarter profits and a 3% decline in revenue....
Daimler said it is planning to build a factory in Romania to assemble transmissions for Mercedes-Benz vehicles....
- COMMENT: Volvo's US sales surge as China reverses
- COMMENT: Ford F-Series production soars
- China's economic turbulence worries auto industry
- Baking Kias at 45C
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: Audi SQ5 TDI plus added
- Land Rover develops 'see-through trailer' concept
- Jaguar Land Rover scraps Saudi plant plan
- Nissan allocates redesigned Juke to Sunderland
- Brazil Four losing sales faster than industry rate
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global heavy trucks market