JAPAN: Major changes due for Nissan Skyline
In their place are curvy contemporary lines, Audi A4-style wrap-around rear lights and a state-of-the-art V6.
However, the Japanese media are picking that a two-door coupe planned for next spring will have the traditional round rear lights.
They also say that the new sedan, based on an XVL-badged prototype displayed at the '99 Tokyo motor show, was due to lose the Skyline tag.
But Renault-appointed Nissan chief Carlos Ghosn reversed the decision, despite the new car's break with Skyline traditions.
The badge is one of Nissan's oldest and the sporty versions have fans
- of both current and previous models - all over the world.
To view related research reports, please follow the links below:-
This year sees a record number of new models - not mere facelifts - destined for UK showrooms. For carmakers, it should give a boost to flagging sales on the back of increased use of platform sharing....
Japan's vehicle manufacturers are experiencing a sharp slowdown in earnings growth in the current fiscal year due to adverse currency valuations, rising raw material and energy costs and higher intere...
Renault has acquired all Fiat Auto Spa's holding in Morocco's Société Marocaine de Construction Automobile (SOMACA), equivalent to 20%, for a total of €4.5 million....
Nissan Motor has reported record net income of 512.3 billion yen ($US4.8 billion; €3.8 billion) in the fiscal year that ended March 31, a 1.7% rise from a year earlier, as car sales surged in the Unit...
Audi has guaranteed 45,000 jobs at its two German assembly plants, Ingolstadt and Neckarsulm, until 2011, in return for more flexible working hours and cost reductions....
Nissan Middle East hopes to sell 120,000 vehicles in the six oil-rich Gulf Arab states by the end of the fiscal year that started this month, a top company official told Reuters....
Renault will dismiss 200 workers at its Valladolid Modus factory after announcing it will cut the supermini's production by 13% on the back of slumping global sales, Joaquin Arias Gallego, secretary g...
Audi UK is targeting 5,500 sales for its redesigned A6 Avant (station wagon or, as we Brits say, estate car) in its first full year, 2006. The target for the rest of 2005 is 3,000 units....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche 911 Targa 4
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Active safety in the spotlight
- ANALYSIS: GM gets serious about Cadillac
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- Bear Grylls, brand ambassador for Land Rover
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- MOSCOW SHOW: World premieres - final list
- Lada production to be cut as sales stall
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018