GENEVA PREVIEW: Mahindra platform suspected for new SsangYong concept
The SIV-1 is a larger vehicle than the XIV-1, XIV-2 and e-XIV concepts which SsangYong has revealed at European motor shows over the last 18 months
SsangYong says a design study which it will reveal at next month's Geneva motor show is "a multi interface mid-premium CUV (crossover utility vehicle) concept" that will define a new design philosophy for the Mahindra-controlled brand.
The description may turn out to be code for a preview of the replacement for either the Kyron or Actyon SUVs. Each of these is now eight years old.
Dimensions for the SIV-1 (Smart Interface Vehicle) are quoted as follows:
- Length: 4,500mm,
- Width: 1,880mm,
- Height: 1,640mm,
- Wheelbase: 2,700mm
The SIV-1's wheelbase is different to every existing SsangYong model. It is, however, identical to that of the Mahindra XUV500. This SUV was launched in India in late 2011, bringing with it a new front- and all-wheel drive platform.
More information on the SIV-1 will be released by the company in due course.
Author: Glenn Brooks
PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
PLDB from just-auto.com is a cost effective, vehicle cycle plan database, showing the production life of all major current and future vehicle models produced (or to be produced) globally by all brands...read more
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global OE vehicle access and security sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use th...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global 4WD and AWD sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gai...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive ignitions sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this repo...
- ANALYSIS: What does TPP mean for autos?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Volkswagen, diesel, recalls
- COMMENT: Tesla Model X - the elephant in the room
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Redesigned Vauxhall (Opel) Astra
- Q&A: Magna’s CTO on the autonomous car
- Aston Martin mulls new factory location
- JLR confirms Brazil plant will assemble Evoque
- LA SHOW: Facelifted Porsche 911 AWD variants
- EXCLUSIVE: Fiat UK returning to C segment in 2016
- Magna does deal to acquire Stadco
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electric motors market- forecasts to 2030