GENEVA PREVIEW: Mahindra platform suspected for new SsangYong concept
The SIV-1 is a larger vehicle than the XIV-1, XIV-2 and e-XIV concepts which SsangYong has revealed at European motor shows over the last 18 months
SsangYong says a design study which it will reveal at next month's Geneva motor show is "a multi interface mid-premium CUV (crossover utility vehicle) concept" that will define a new design philosophy for the Mahindra-controlled brand.
The description may turn out to be code for a preview of the replacement for either the Kyron or Actyon SUVs. Each of these is now eight years old.
Dimensions for the SIV-1 (Smart Interface Vehicle) are quoted as follows:
- Length: 4,500mm,
- Width: 1,880mm,
- Height: 1,640mm,
- Wheelbase: 2,700mm
The SIV-1's wheelbase is different to every existing SsangYong model. It is, however, identical to that of the Mahindra XUV500. This SUV was launched in India in late 2011, bringing with it a new front- and all-wheel drive platform.
More information on the SIV-1 will be released by the company in due course.
Author: Glenn Brooks
PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
PLDB from just-auto.com is a cost effective, vehicle cycle plan database, showing the production life of all major current and future vehicle models produced (or to be produced) globally by all brands...read more
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global 4WD and AWD sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gai...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global OE vehicle access and security sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use th...
- COMMENT: What is normal in Russian maelstrom?
- Regulatory concerns grow in China
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: SEAT Alhambra 2.0 TDI
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The August harvest...
- Mercedes 'guilty' of China parts price fixing
- Ford recalls 160,000 cars to fix wiring problem
- Serious concern on Russia auto sanction rumours
- ZF's TRW plans hit a Bosch hitch - report
- Volvo Cars hails new engineering architecture
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Motor Vehicle Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Brazilian automobile industry - Right strategy for tough times