GENEVA PREVIEW: Mahindra platform suspected for new SsangYong concept
The SIV-1 is a larger vehicle than the XIV-1, XIV-2 and e-XIV concepts which SsangYong has revealed at European motor shows over the last 18 months
SsangYong says a design study which it will reveal at next month's Geneva motor show is "a multi interface mid-premium CUV (crossover utility vehicle) concept" that will define a new design philosophy for the Mahindra-controlled brand.
The description may turn out to be code for a preview of the replacement for either the Kyron or Actyon SUVs. Each of these is now eight years old.
Dimensions for the SIV-1 (Smart Interface Vehicle) are quoted as follows:
- Length: 4,500mm,
- Width: 1,880mm,
- Height: 1,640mm,
- Wheelbase: 2,700mm
The SIV-1's wheelbase is different to every existing SsangYong model. It is, however, identical to that of the Mahindra XUV500. This SUV was launched in India in late 2011, bringing with it a new front- and all-wheel drive platform.
More information on the SIV-1 will be released by the company in due course.
Author: Glenn Brooks
PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
PLDB from just-auto.com is a cost effective, vehicle cycle plan database, showing the production life of all major current and future vehicle models produced (or to be produced) globally by all brands...read more
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global 4WD and AWD sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gai...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global OE vehicle access and security sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use th...
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- 2014 NYIAS: List of world premieres
- Discovery Sport to replace Land Rover's Freelander
- 2014 BEIJING SHOW: Hyundai ix25 global debut
- Tata restructuring production at all plants
- MG reveals concept EV
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Traffic Sign Recognition System Trends