GENEVA PREVIEW: Mahindra platform suspected for new SsangYong concept
The SIV-1 is a larger vehicle than the XIV-1, XIV-2 and e-XIV concepts which SsangYong has revealed at European motor shows over the last 18 months
SsangYong says a design study which it will reveal at next month's Geneva motor show is "a multi interface mid-premium CUV (crossover utility vehicle) concept" that will define a new design philosophy for the Mahindra-controlled brand.
The description may turn out to be code for a preview of the replacement for either the Kyron or Actyon SUVs. Each of these is now eight years old.
Dimensions for the SIV-1 (Smart Interface Vehicle) are quoted as follows:
- Length: 4,500mm,
- Width: 1,880mm,
- Height: 1,640mm,
- Wheelbase: 2,700mm
The SIV-1's wheelbase is different to every existing SsangYong model. It is, however, identical to that of the Mahindra XUV500. This SUV was launched in India in late 2011, bringing with it a new front- and all-wheel drive platform.
More information on the SIV-1 will be released by the company in due course.
Author: Glenn Brooks
PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
PLDB from just-auto.com is a cost effective, vehicle cycle plan database, showing the production life of all major current and future vehicle models produced (or to be produced) globally by all brands...read more
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global 4WD and AWD sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gai...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global OE vehicle access and security sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use th...
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Big fish eaten by bigger fish
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- COMMENT: The UK's Scotland and EU parallels
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- PARIS DEBUTS: Kia Optima diesel hybrid concept
- Largest Rolls-Royce order ever bound for Macau
- Jaguar launches India assembled XJ
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- GM Holden starts axing engineers - report
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn