RUSSIA: Light vehicle market up 11% to new record in 2012
The AEB has announced that the Russian light vehicle market grew by 11% last year to reach 2.94m units.
It also said that it expects the 2013 market to consolidate at a similar level.
Joerg Schreiber, Chairman of the AEB Automobile Manufacturers Committee commented: “December 2012 closed with a small improvement over the same month last year, bringing full year sales to a level of 2.935 million units, up 11% from 2011. This result established a new sales record for Russia, exceeding the previous peak level of 2.918 million units established in 2008 - if only by a narrow margin.
"The outlook for the market in 2013 holds little promise for a quick return to growth at the double-digit rates enjoyed in recent years. An AMC member poll of industry expectations for the current year resulted in a scope of +/- 5% around a median of 2.95 million sales of PC and LCV in Russia in 2013. This suggests the market will consolidate at or close to its current level – an assumption supported by the actual performance in the last couple of months.”
The AEB data also shows that market leader Lada (AvtoVAZ) continued to lose share in 2012 as consumers were attracted to locally assembled foreign brands.
Top ten brands
After it looked a bit like just-auto had become part of the global Toyota PR machine last week, this week, for a day or two at least, you could have been forgiven for thinking we had now 'crossed over...
Car Manufacturing in Eastern Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to ...
Management reshuffle-the-deck at General Motors this week....
Car Manufacturing in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). T...
Renault Samsung Motors, which saw first half global sales plunge 29.3% to 58,705 units and domestic sales tumble 14.2% to make it the nation's smallest car maker behind SsangYong, has agreed a new pay...
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- BEIJING DEBUTS: New Cruze, but old model to remain
- 2014 NYIAS: List of world premieres
- PSA issues new business plan
- Discovery Sport to replace Land Rover's Freelander
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028