AUSTRIA: Lexus re-thinks hybrid-only plans
Lexus has re-thought its plans to sell only hybrid versions of its models in Europe.
The redesigned GS, which is just being rolled out, will be available with a 2.5-litre petrol engine by popular demand.
Paul Van der Burgh, director of Lexus Europe, said that customers, particularly in the top-selling countries – Russia and the UK – still want the option of a petrol engine rather than a hybrid.
He said: “There are some 7,000 petrol GS owners out there since the car was launched in 1993 and they have remained loyal to us and we want the keep them.
“We are making petrol models for other markets around the world so there is no great cost implication in making them available for Europe.”
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electrified vehicles sector, major OEM developments, top 14 markets, technology trends and market projections. Use this ...
A final list of world premiere concepts and production models which appeared at the North American International Auto Show's media preview days....
Ford's said its upmarket brand, from the newly renamed 'The Lincoln Motor Company' wants "once again be a major competitor in the premium automotive marketplace", starting with the new MKZ midsize lux...
With no reduction in tensions between China and Japan, Fuji Heavy Indistries said it would reduce exports of Subaru cars to China by about 80% to avoid further increases in excess inventory....
Some important new models from Tata Motors' UK unit Jaguar and Land Rover are currently being launched in Canada but they will not be going into all markets. They are, however, very significant for th...
Output in October by Japanese carmakers fell 48.9% year on year to 150,386 units as they suffered the fallout from the disputed Senkaku/Diaoyu islands in the East China Sea....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Land Rover Discovery Sport
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Mitsubishi throws in US towel
- Q&A with Ricardo on future powertrain technology
- COMMENT: McLaren comes of age
- Lear and Dräxlmaier on auto wiring harness trends
- JLR clarifies ASEAN expansion goals
- Delphi ramps up acquisitions
- China market slowdown fears mount
- Audi to debut OLED lighting at IAA
- Chery spearheads China’s auto export drive
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE tyres market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030