AUSTRIA: Lexus re-thinks hybrid-only plans
Lexus has re-thought its plans to sell only hybrid versions of its models in Europe.
The redesigned GS, which is just being rolled out, will be available with a 2.5-litre petrol engine by popular demand.
Paul Van der Burgh, director of Lexus Europe, said that customers, particularly in the top-selling countries – Russia and the UK – still want the option of a petrol engine rather than a hybrid.
He said: “There are some 7,000 petrol GS owners out there since the car was launched in 1993 and they have remained loyal to us and we want the keep them.
“We are making petrol models for other markets around the world so there is no great cost implication in making them available for Europe.”
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electrified vehicles sector, major OEM developments, top 14 markets, technology trends and market projections. Use this ...
A final list of world premiere concepts and production models which appeared at the North American International Auto Show's media preview days....
Ford's said its upmarket brand, from the newly renamed 'The Lincoln Motor Company' wants "once again be a major competitor in the premium automotive marketplace", starting with the new MKZ midsize lux...
With no reduction in tensions between China and Japan, Fuji Heavy Indistries said it would reduce exports of Subaru cars to China by about 80% to avoid further increases in excess inventory....
Some important new models from Tata Motors' UK unit Jaguar and Land Rover are currently being launched in Canada but they will not be going into all markets. They are, however, very significant for th...
Output in October by Japanese carmakers fell 48.9% year on year to 150,386 units as they suffered the fallout from the disputed Senkaku/Diaoyu islands in the East China Sea....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- ANALYSIS: Mégane GT 220 & future Renaults
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Premium electric SUVs...
- Briefing: Innovative emission technologies
- ANALYSIS: Honda's BR-V could be The Next Big Thing
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: Multiple updates
- JLR expects "many" of 5,800 Tianjin cars damaged
- GM strike ends as Mercedes truck workers walk
- Ford may revive Bronco and Ranger for US - reports
- Jeep hacker resigns from Twitter - report
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020
- Volkswagen AG - Strategy and SWOT Report
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030