US: Lear responds to investor concerns around valuation
Lear Corporation has responded to a letter from shareholders Marcato Capital Management and Oskie Capital Management outlining "concerns around the company's valuation."
The investors say the letter details their views on the company's valuation and describes the Group's ideas for "potential value-creating initiatives" and reiterates their interest in meeting with members of the board.
A statement from Lear noted: "We have a balanced strategy of investing in our business while maintaining a strong and flexible balance sheet and returning cash to shareholders. Consistent with this strategy, Lear is accelerating the execution of its US$1bn share repurchase programme - under which the company intends to repurchase nearly 20% of its outstanding shares - with US$600m of repurchases planned for 2013.
"The board of directors of Lear also accelerated the return of capital to shareholders through the recently announced 21% increase of the Company's quarterly cash dividend. This is in addition to more than US$500m of share repurchases completed over the last two years."
For its part the letter from Marcato and Oskie says: "We share the view expressed in the Company's press release of 7 February, 2013 that the Company is undervalued, and we see what we believe to be a serious discrepancy between Lear's improved operating performance and business prospects and its current market valuation."
Lear Corporation has posted second quarter net sales of US$4.1bn, up 12%, with core operating earnings of US$224m, an increase of 13%....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global OE automotive electrical wiring (EDS) sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts....
The analysts writing this report forecast the Global Keyless Vehicle Access Control Systems market to reach 64.98 million units by 2016....
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tatkata airbag recall extended to 7.8m US vehicles
- JLR-Chery JV opens China factory
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- Ford announces new engine investment for Dagenham
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)