US: Lear responds to investor concerns around valuation
Lear Corporation has responded to a letter from shareholders Marcato Capital Management and Oskie Capital Management outlining "concerns around the company's valuation."
The investors say the letter details their views on the company's valuation and describes the Group's ideas for "potential value-creating initiatives" and reiterates their interest in meeting with members of the board.
A statement from Lear noted: "We have a balanced strategy of investing in our business while maintaining a strong and flexible balance sheet and returning cash to shareholders. Consistent with this strategy, Lear is accelerating the execution of its US$1bn share repurchase programme - under which the company intends to repurchase nearly 20% of its outstanding shares - with US$600m of repurchases planned for 2013.
"The board of directors of Lear also accelerated the return of capital to shareholders through the recently announced 21% increase of the Company's quarterly cash dividend. This is in addition to more than US$500m of share repurchases completed over the last two years."
For its part the letter from Marcato and Oskie says: "We share the view expressed in the Company's press release of 7 February, 2013 that the Company is undervalued, and we see what we believe to be a serious discrepancy between Lear's improved operating performance and business prospects and its current market valuation."
Lear Corporation has posted second quarter net sales of US$4.1bn, up 12%, with core operating earnings of US$224m, an increase of 13%....
This report has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. It covers the global automotive seat market landscape and its growth prospects in the coming years...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Automotive Component Outsourcing in US$ Billion. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, La...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global OE automotive electrical wiring (EDS) sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts....
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- PRODUCT EYE: Audi RS Q3
- 2014 NYIAS: List of world premieres
- BEIJING DEBUTS: New Cruze, but old model to remain
- Discovery Sport to replace Land Rover's Freelander
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- GM CEO recall comments draw senator's retort
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028