RUSSIA: Lada still leads
Ladas accounted for 18.3% of all new car sales in Russia in 2012, according to manufacturer AvtoVAZ.
The carmaker sold 608,205 Ladas in 2012, including 537,600 in Russia, and exported 70,580.
The company said it plans to increase car production 14% in 2013 to 800,000 units.
The GM-Avtovaz joint venture in Russia said it built 27,097 in the first six months of 2013....
Renault Nissan chief Carlos Ghosn has taken on the chairmanship of the new AvtoVAZ board of directors which has been increased from 12 to 15 members, including eight people from the Alliance....
GM-Avtovaz JV has announced the start of construction of new production facilities for wholly-owned subsidiary JV Systems on the territory of the special economic zone in Togliatti, Russia....
Jatco said it opened an office in Moscow to better meet growing Russian market requirements....
AvtoVAZ will reduce its sales forecast for 2013 in May, CEO Igor Komarov has told the Prime Tass news service. This followed a decline in sales last month....
AvtoVAZ says it is aiming for annual production of 1m cars by 2017, although it adds it is likely to need a new series of models to do so....
- ANALYSIS: VW Group - success and succession
- ANALYSIS: Depressed Thai market forces rethink
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: GM, FCA, axe plant, Chrysler UK
- ANALYSIS: UK supplier industry perks up
- Q&A with Victrex
- Jaguar unveils second generation XF in London
- Jaguar Land Rover announces Whitley R&D expansion
- EU 2021 CO2 targets will be difficult for premiums
- New York show debuts: Range Rover Sport HST added
- ChinaChem to buy Pirelli tyres in US$7.7bn deal