RUSSIA: Lada still leads
Ladas accounted for 18.3% of all new car sales in Russia in 2012, according to manufacturer AvtoVAZ.
The carmaker sold 608,205 Ladas in 2012, including 537,600 in Russia, and exported 70,580.
The company said it plans to increase car production 14% in 2013 to 800,000 units.
The GM-Avtovaz joint venture in Russia said it built 27,097 in the first six months of 2013....
Renault Nissan chief Carlos Ghosn has taken on the chairmanship of the new AvtoVAZ board of directors which has been increased from 12 to 15 members, including eight people from the Alliance....
GM-Avtovaz JV has announced the start of construction of new production facilities for wholly-owned subsidiary JV Systems on the territory of the special economic zone in Togliatti, Russia....
Jatco said it opened an office in Moscow to better meet growing Russian market requirements....
AvtoVAZ will reduce its sales forecast for 2013 in May, CEO Igor Komarov has told the Prime Tass news service. This followed a decline in sales last month....
AvtoVAZ says it is aiming for annual production of 1m cars by 2017, although it adds it is likely to need a new series of models to do so....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Toyota's FCV cometh
- ANALYSIS: Making sense of China's sales volatility
- Q&A: Kia MD sees 100,000 sales in UK
- Kia UK MD on how to raise brand pricing
- VA: Minnow Mitsubishi not short on L200 claims
- JCI confirms auto exit as supplier eddies swirl
- Mitsubishi ending US production
- FCA to recall 1,060,531 Ram trucks
- Fiat Chrysler cops record penalty from NHTSA
- FRANKFURT DEBUTS LIST: Ferrari 488 Spider added
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE tyres market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2030