JAPAN: KYB to build plant in Mexico to produce hydraulic pumps
KYB has announced the construction of a plant for a new KYB subsidiary in Mexico that will produce hydraulic pumps used in continuously variable transmissions (CVTs).
The main customer for the pumps will be Jatco, which recently announced expansion plans for Mexico.
KYB said it has decided to manufacture and sell CVT hydraulic pumps in Mexico as part of ongoing investments in emerging countries with good prospects for economic growth. Outside Japan, KYB started manufacturing CVT pumps in Zhenjiang, China, in the first half of 2012 and plans to begin production in Chonburi, Thailand, in the first half of 2013. Mexico will be the third overseas CVT pump production facility.
The plant will be constructed in Silao in the state of Guanajuato. In the future, this subsidiary will also manufacture and sell automotive steering components and hydraulic shock absorbers at the same location.
Outline of new subsidiary / plant
Trade name: KYB Mexico
Location: Silao, Guanajuato (Guanajuato Inland Port industrial park)
Representative: Yoshio Tsuchiya (senior staff manager, production engineering department, Gifu North Plant, Automotive Components Operations KYB)
Principal business: Manufacture and sales of CVT hydraulic pumps
Date of establishment: October 2012
Construction: Completion: December 2013
Start production: September 2014
Paid-in capital: US$19m
Ownership: KYB Corporation: more than 99%, KYB Latinoamerica: less than 1%
Capital investment: JPY5.4bn (US$57.72m)
Floor area: 21,000 square metres
Total site area: 134,000 square metres
Production volume: 100 thousand per month
Number of employees: About 130
Major client: Jatco México
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global transmissions sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gain...
- COMMENT: The diminution of Fiat
- COMMENT: BMW & Mercedes battle over self parking
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: 'Game changing' configurator
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2015 Mazda CX-5 & future CUVs
- Briefing: Active safety systems
- Arrested Toyota executive quits
- JUST THE FACTS: 2016 Audi A4 first look
- VW plans low cost car family
- UK auto sector delivering on growth
- Infrastructure and logistics make Brazil costly
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global electric light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2029