JAPAN: KYB to build plant in Mexico to produce hydraulic pumps
KYB has announced the construction of a plant for a new KYB subsidiary in Mexico that will produce hydraulic pumps used in continuously variable transmissions (CVTs).
The main customer for the pumps will be Jatco, which recently announced expansion plans for Mexico.
KYB said it has decided to manufacture and sell CVT hydraulic pumps in Mexico as part of ongoing investments in emerging countries with good prospects for economic growth. Outside Japan, KYB started manufacturing CVT pumps in Zhenjiang, China, in the first half of 2012 and plans to begin production in Chonburi, Thailand, in the first half of 2013. Mexico will be the third overseas CVT pump production facility.
The plant will be constructed in Silao in the state of Guanajuato. In the future, this subsidiary will also manufacture and sell automotive steering components and hydraulic shock absorbers at the same location.
Outline of new subsidiary / plant
Trade name: KYB Mexico
Location: Silao, Guanajuato (Guanajuato Inland Port industrial park)
Representative: Yoshio Tsuchiya (senior staff manager, production engineering department, Gifu North Plant, Automotive Components Operations KYB)
Principal business: Manufacture and sales of CVT hydraulic pumps
Date of establishment: October 2012
Construction: Completion: December 2013
Start production: September 2014
Paid-in capital: US$19m
Ownership: KYB Corporation: more than 99%, KYB Latinoamerica: less than 1%
Capital investment: JPY5.4bn (US$57.72m)
Floor area: 21,000 square metres
Total site area: 134,000 square metres
Production volume: 100 thousand per month
Number of employees: About 130
Major client: Jatco México
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global transmissions sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gain...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche 911 Targa 4
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Active safety in the spotlight
- ANALYSIS: GM gets serious about Cadillac
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- Bear Grylls, brand ambassador for Land Rover
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- MOSCOW SHOW: World premieres - final list
- Lada production to be cut as sales stall
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018