US: Koreans raise prices to combat won strength
Hyundai and Kia are raising the prices of new models launched in the US this month in an attempt to head off the challenge posed by a stronger Korean won which is undermining the group's profitability.
Kia started sales of its new 2014 Sorento SUV in the US this week and the price range has risen from US$23,150 and $33,400 to between $24,100 and $39,700.
Hyundai has also raised the price of its 2013 Sonata Hybrid by up to $4,700.
After being entertained for the last couple of weeks by Germany v France over Mercedes' choice of air conditioner refrigerant (colleague Simon Warburton has now learned so much about R134a v r1234yf h...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
New vehicle sales in the US are continuing to run at a strong level in August according to a monthly sales forecast developed jointly by JD Power and LMC Automotive....
Malaysia's Naza Group plans to establish new joint ventures in Thailand and Brunei to distribute Citroen vehicles, as part of its broader regional expansion plans...
Hyundai is recalling almost 250,000 older model Sonata and Azera sedans in cold weather US states due to possible corrosion that can affect rear wheel alignment....
Hyundai Motor workers voted to strike for better pay and working conditions just a year after ending the costliest dispute in the company's history....
New vehicle sales in the Philippines increased 8.2% year on year in July to 15,686 units, according to the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of the Philippines Inc (CAMPI) and the Truck Manufacturer...
- Q&A: Volvo XC90 chief engineer Håkan Ivarsson
- COMMENT: No wizards needed at US$100 a barrel
- RESEARCH SNAPSHOT: Review of front-end modules
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Minding the shop
- COMMENT: The diminution of Fiat
- Arrested Toyota executive quits
- Magna Steyr to build vehicles for JLR
- SUVs continue driving US sales growth
- GM pleased judge tosses out 'ignition switch' suit
- "Levelling off" continues in China's car market
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global electric light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018