US: Koreans raise prices to combat won strength
Hyundai and Kia are raising the prices of new models launched in the US this month in an attempt to head off the challenge posed by a stronger Korean won which is undermining the group's profitability.
Kia started sales of its new 2014 Sorento SUV in the US this week and the price range has risen from US$23,150 and $33,400 to between $24,100 and $39,700.
Hyundai has also raised the price of its 2013 Sonata Hybrid by up to $4,700.
After being entertained for the last couple of weeks by Germany v France over Mercedes' choice of air conditioner refrigerant (colleague Simon Warburton has now learned so much about R134a v r1234yf h...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
New vehicle sales in the US are continuing to run at a strong level in August according to a monthly sales forecast developed jointly by JD Power and LMC Automotive....
Malaysia's Naza Group plans to establish new joint ventures in Thailand and Brunei to distribute Citroen vehicles, as part of its broader regional expansion plans...
Hyundai is recalling almost 250,000 older model Sonata and Azera sedans in cold weather US states due to possible corrosion that can affect rear wheel alignment....
Hyundai Motor workers voted to strike for better pay and working conditions just a year after ending the costliest dispute in the company's history....
New vehicle sales in the Philippines increased 8.2% year on year in July to 15,686 units, according to the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of the Philippines Inc (CAMPI) and the Truck Manufacturer...
- ANALYSIS: Making sense of China's sales volatility
- COMMENT: McLaren comes of age
- Briefing: Tomorrow's steering systems
- ANALYSIS: Kia 'thinks globally, acts locally'
- ANALYSIS: New Corsa VXR & future Opels/Vauxhalls
- Delphi ramps up acquisitions
- Ricardo opens Vehicle Emissions Research Centre
- North America boosts Ford Q2 profits
- Mitsubishi ending US production
- FRANKFURT DEBUTS LIST: Ferrari 488 Spider added
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE tyres market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2030