INDIA: Kongsberg Automotive secures truck gear shift contract
Kongsberg Automotive (KA) Pune in India has been awarded a contract for cable gear shift systems for manual transmissions from an unnamed Indian commercial vehicle manufacturer.
The EUR22.8m (US$30m) contract is for four years for the New Generation Truck platform - multiple models -which the supplier says is a "breakthrough for KA in the Indian commercial vehicle market."
Total vehicle volume in the programme is expected to reach 80 000 units annually and is scheduled to be launched in the first quarter of 2013. The entire assembly will be produced at KA's facility in Pune, India.
"KA's cable shift system design will give the customer a competitive advantage and provide greater shifting comfort and a lower total operating cost for the end user," said a statement from the component manufacturer.
"The contract demonstrates KA's ability to win Driver Control business with functionality on global product programmes for growth markets like India."
Kongsberg Automotive decided to localise production of selected products in India some years ago and work closely with Indian manufacturers to serve the country's increasing demand for transportation.
"KA is a proven, world-class manufacturer of premium ‘man to machine' interface systems, and this OEM recognises that," said Kongsberg Automotive VP sales & marketing, Hakon Amundsen.
"KA is now positioned for further growth with this customer having already been awarded a similar application for their rear engine buses."
"Our improving market position in India, combined with India's continued growth in trade, infrastructure and demand for transportation will provide long-term growth opportunities for KA."
Companies: Kongsberg Automotive
Kongsberg Automotive says it has received an award from a major European OEM for the supply of a shift tower system....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electric motors sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global transmissions sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gain...
Kongsberg Automotive has signed a new contract with a major European OEM for supplying a complete manual gear shift system. The shift system will be used in B segment cars which will be sold in Europe...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global light vehicle seating sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report...
Kongsberg Automotive's Interior Systems division has announced that is to supply it pneumatic seat support systems and seat heat systems to two different luxury SUVs in the Chinese market....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global OE automotive foundation braking sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use ...
Kongsberg Automotive says it has secured a EUR10m (US$13m) contract to supply manual shift cables in India....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- ANALYSIS: Mégane GT 220 & future Renaults
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Premium electric SUVs...
- Briefing: Innovative emission technologies
- ANALYSIS: Honda's BR-V could be The Next Big Thing
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: Multiple updates
- JLR expects "many" of 5,800 Tianjin cars damaged
- GM strike ends as Mercedes truck workers walk
- Ford may revive Bronco and Ranger for US - reports
- Jeep hacker resigns from Twitter - report
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Volkswagen AG - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030