US: Kia Sorento sunroof faces NHTSA engineering analysis
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has upgraded its probe involving 65,347 Kia Sorento SUVs from a preliminary evaluation to an engineering analysis of shattering sunroofs.
Reuters reported the investigation had been upgraded following 26 consumer complaints about the shattering of sunroof glass in the SUVs from model years 2011 to 2013.
Of the 26 instances, 24 occurred while the vehicle was moving, and in four cases, the passengers were hurt by the shattered glass.
NHTSA said, "Kia stated in its response that their field inspections identified only one potential cause for the sunroof breakage - external impacts from rocks or other foreign objects encountered while the vehicle was in motion."
Kia Motors Corporation - SWOT Analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. Kia Motors Corporation - SWOT Analysis examines the company’s key business......
New Cars in Kuwait industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profil...
Automotive Manufacturing in South Korea industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The...
New Cars in Colombia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The prof...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche 911 Targa 4
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Active safety in the spotlight
- ANALYSIS: GM gets serious about Cadillac
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- Bear Grylls, brand ambassador for Land Rover
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- MOSCOW SHOW: World premieres - final list
- Lada production to be cut as sales stall
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018