US: Kia Sorento sunroof faces NHTSA engineering analysis
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has upgraded its probe involving 65,347 Kia Sorento SUVs from a preliminary evaluation to an engineering analysis of shattering sunroofs.
Reuters reported the investigation had been upgraded following 26 consumer complaints about the shattering of sunroof glass in the SUVs from model years 2011 to 2013.
Of the 26 instances, 24 occurred while the vehicle was moving, and in four cases, the passengers were hurt by the shattered glass.
NHTSA said, "Kia stated in its response that their field inspections identified only one potential cause for the sunroof breakage - external impacts from rocks or other foreign objects encountered while the vehicle was in motion."
Vehicle simulators have changed beyond recognition in the past few years. Developments in responsiveness, graphics, together with improvements in vehicle and road surface modelling fidelity mean that ...
Kia Motors Corporation - SWOT Analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. Kia Motors Corporation - SWOT Analysis examines the company’s key business......
Kia Motors Corporation (000270) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compile...
Automotive Manufacturing in South Korea industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast...
Car Manufacturing in South Korea industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profil...
- COMMENT: Diesel not out in London and Paris
- Management briefing: 48V mild hybrids (2)
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes smart brand's last chance?
- Volvo UK specs up seven seat XC90 redesign
- ANALYSIS: Europe's fragile recovery continues
- Honda chief quits
- Geneva show list updated
- Land Rover updates Evoque
- UK: Aston Martin to reveal future models strategy
- Ricardo unveils new prototype electric motor
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates - Latest Monthly Update
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)