US: Kia Sorento sunroof faces NHTSA engineering analysis
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has upgraded its probe involving 65,347 Kia Sorento SUVs from a preliminary evaluation to an engineering analysis of shattering sunroofs.
Reuters reported the investigation had been upgraded following 26 consumer complaints about the shattering of sunroof glass in the SUVs from model years 2011 to 2013.
Of the 26 instances, 24 occurred while the vehicle was moving, and in four cases, the passengers were hurt by the shattered glass.
NHTSA said, "Kia stated in its response that their field inspections identified only one potential cause for the sunroof breakage - external impacts from rocks or other foreign objects encountered while the vehicle was in motion."
Kia Motors Corporation - SWOT Analysis company profile is the essential source for top-level company data and information. Kia Motors Corporation - SWOT Analysis examines the company’s key business......
Automotive Manufacturing in South Korea industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The...
New Cars in Colombia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The prof...
New Cars in Kuwait industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profil...
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (1)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- JLR looks to increase home supply content
- Japan's carmakers bring home foreign-made models
- GM sued for $10bn over losses on 27m recalled cars
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)