US: Kemmerich to start $12.2m Kentucky operation
Automotive metal processor, Kemmerich USA, is to establish a manufacturing operation and its American headquarters in Calloway County, Kentucky, creating 120 new, full-time jobs in a US$12.2m investment.
"We chose Murray after a lengthy search throughout the US," said Kemmerich CEO, Thomas Bergen. "Three key factors were important to us: cost of production, workforce and logistics. We see Murray offers lower costs of production, a highly flexible and qualified workforce and a favourable location.
To encourage investment and job creation in Murray, the Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority preliminarily approved the company for tax incentives of up to US$3m through the Kentucky Business Investment programme.
The performance-based incentive allows a company to keep a portion of its investment during the term of the agreement through corporate income tax credits and wage assessments, by meeting job and investment targets.
This QUBE report from just-auto report provides a comprehensive overview of the global material trends sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this repor...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Jiangling Motors, the light truck and SUV maker in which Ford has a 30% holding, posted net profits for the first half of the year of CNY937m (US$152.6m) up 11.4% on the same period last year....
The municipal authority for the city of Detroit has filed for bankruptcy and protection from creditors under US law. The city faces mounting debts estimated at over USD18bn and has been in long-term f...
It's much easier to warm up a cold potato than it is to handle a red hot potato, because the hot potato will always go cold....
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Interesting, interesting...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Mitsubishi's top-selling PHEV
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
- COMMENT: FKG keeps ears on the track in Gothenburg
- Tatkata airbag recall extended to 7.8m US vehicles
- JLR-Chery JV opens China factory
- Daimler restructures cooperation with Tesla
- UK: Vauxhall goes after Ford with Corsa pricing
- Britain better off inside a reformed EU - UK PM
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report