UK: JLR's 1,000 openings draw 35,000 applicants
Over 6,000 registrations were received within 24 hours of the new jobs being announced by JLR in March and after just one week that figure increased to 20,000 online registrations. The application process for the 1,000 new jobs has now closed.
The new positions, to cope with demand for the Range Rover Evoque and Land Rover Freelander, will take the workforce at Halewood to almost 4,500 – trebling the number employed there compared to three years ago – as the plant moves to three shifts and 24 hour production.
JLR HR Director, Des Thurlby said: "We are very pleased with the quality of candidates applying for these new roles and more than 100 applicants have already started with us. The scale of the response to our recruitment campaign reflects JLR’s growing reputation as an employer of choice in the north west."
The new jobs at Halewood include production operators, supervisors and engineers.
During the previous, large scale recruitment campaign at Halewood in December 2010, over 14,000 applications were received for 1,500 new jobs, as the factory ramped-up operations to launch the Evoque which began production in July 2011.
First out of the gate today was news that the Chinese government had, finally, officially approved the Chery joint venture with Tata Motors' Jaguar Land Rover that will see Freelanders built in China ...
A final update of just-auto's list of concepts and production models which made their debuts at the Los Angeles auto show's 28 & 29 November press days....
Chery Automobile announced on Friday (19 October) its joint venture with Tata Motors' Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) had been officially approved by the Chinese government....
Maruti Suzuki India has launched a cheaper, more powerful and fuel-efficient version of its Alto - the world's best-selling small car....
As previously indicated by executives, Nissan has officially cancelled its four-year partnership in India for developing low-cost vehicles with Bajaj Auto....
- Has Audi reached a model proliferation limit?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: New Hondas and the ship's up
- What now for docked Hoegh Osaka cargo?
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Honda CR-V update
- RESEARCH ANALYSIS: Review of instrumentation
- Automakers anxious to learn Osaka cars fate: Hoegh
- Salvers look to slash Hoegh list to 5° for tow
- Hoegh Osaka due back in Southampton at 17:00 GMT
- CHICAGO DEBUTS: Mysterious Mitsubishi teased
- BMW appoints new head of Mini brand
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029