UK: JLR sales continue to climb
In January the Tata-owned unit sold 34,877 vehicles, an increase of 32% versus the same period in 2012. Sales were up across every major market, rising 74% in China, 46% in Asia Pacific, 33% in the UK, 24% in North America and 10% in Europe.
Phil Popham, JLR’s director of group sales operations said, "With one of the best month's sales performances ever, both Jaguar and Land Rover brands have had a very strong start to the year. This reflects the introduction of the all-new Range Rover as well as the 2013 Model Year Jaguar XF and XJ models."
In January, Land Rover sold 29,118 vehicles, up 31%, with increased sales of Freelander, which rose 57%), Range Rover, up 52% including the outgoing model, Evoque, up 32%, Range Rover Sport, which increased sales by 17% and Land Rover Discovery, up 14%. Land Rover sales hit new January records in several markets including the UK, US and Germany.
Jaguar sold 5,759 vehicles in January, an increase of 40% over the same month last year, with increased sales of the XJ, up 70% and the XF, +37%.
Jaguar Land Rover has proved itself to be a strong and stable business in spite of the economic downturn, with good sales results in both developing and developed markets. Despite some difficult years...
The battle over air conditioning refrigerant between Mercedes-Benz and France (more or less repping the EU) continued this week with neither side showing signs of backing down....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Interesting, interesting...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Mitsubishi's top-selling PHEV
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
- COMMENT: FKG keeps ears on the track in Gothenburg
- Tatkata airbag recall extended to 7.8m US vehicles
- JLR-Chery JV opens China factory
- Daimler restructures cooperation with Tesla
- UK: Vauxhall goes after Ford with Corsa pricing
- Britain better off inside a reformed EU - UK PM
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report