UK: JLR sales continue to climb
In January the Tata-owned unit sold 34,877 vehicles, an increase of 32% versus the same period in 2012. Sales were up across every major market, rising 74% in China, 46% in Asia Pacific, 33% in the UK, 24% in North America and 10% in Europe.
Phil Popham, JLR’s director of group sales operations said, "With one of the best month's sales performances ever, both Jaguar and Land Rover brands have had a very strong start to the year. This reflects the introduction of the all-new Range Rover as well as the 2013 Model Year Jaguar XF and XJ models."
In January, Land Rover sold 29,118 vehicles, up 31%, with increased sales of Freelander, which rose 57%), Range Rover, up 52% including the outgoing model, Evoque, up 32%, Range Rover Sport, which increased sales by 17% and Land Rover Discovery, up 14%. Land Rover sales hit new January records in several markets including the UK, US and Germany.
Jaguar sold 5,759 vehicles in January, an increase of 40% over the same month last year, with increased sales of the XJ, up 70% and the XF, +37%.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The battle over air conditioning refrigerant between Mercedes-Benz and France (more or less repping the EU) continued this week with neither side showing signs of backing down....
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
- Volvo UK specs up seven seat XC90 redesign
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes smart brand's last chance?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Hobnobbing with the A-listers
- Briefing: 48V mild hybrids (3)
- ANALYSIS: Suzuki's new brand flagship - Vitara
- Geneva show list updated
- UK: Aston Martin to reveal future models strategy
- Ricardo unveils new prototype electric motor
- Audi plots 2020 expansion strategy
- GENEVA DEBUTS: Audi Q7 e-tron to be a diesel PHEV
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates - Latest Monthly Update
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)