UK: JLR pre-tax profits up 20%
Jaguar Land Rover Automotive plc (JLR) has posted a pre-tax profit of GBP404m (US$627m) for the third quarter taking profit for the nine months to the end of December to GBP1.2bn, an increase of 20% over the same period a year earlier.
The third quarter results reflect a 14% increase in retail sales volumes at 88,658 vehicles.
Third quarter revenues were GBP3.8bn taking nine-month revenues to GBP10.7bn, an increase of £1.4bn. Revenue in the 2012 financial year was GBP13.5bn and pre-tax profit was GBP1.5bn.
JLR’s chief financial officer Ken Gregor described the results as “solid, supported by the continued success of the Range Rover Evoque, launch of the all-new Range Rover and further growth in China and other markets."
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
The battle over air conditioning refrigerant between Mercedes-Benz and France (more or less repping the EU) continued this week with neither side showing signs of backing down....
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
- COMMENT: The diminution of Fiat
- COMMENT: BMW & Mercedes battle over self parking
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: 'Game changing' configurator
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2015 Mazda CX-5 & future CUVs
- Briefing: Active safety systems
- Arrested Toyota executive quits
- JUST THE FACTS: 2016 Audi A4 first look
- VW plans low cost car family
- UK auto sector delivering on growth
- Infrastructure and logistics make Brazil costly
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global electric light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2029