UK: JLR pre-tax profits up 20%
Jaguar Land Rover Automotive plc (JLR) has posted a pre-tax profit of GBP404m (US$627m) for the third quarter taking profit for the nine months to the end of December to GBP1.2bn, an increase of 20% over the same period a year earlier.
The third quarter results reflect a 14% increase in retail sales volumes at 88,658 vehicles.
Third quarter revenues were GBP3.8bn taking nine-month revenues to GBP10.7bn, an increase of £1.4bn. Revenue in the 2012 financial year was GBP13.5bn and pre-tax profit was GBP1.5bn.
JLR’s chief financial officer Ken Gregor described the results as “solid, supported by the continued success of the Range Rover Evoque, launch of the all-new Range Rover and further growth in China and other markets."
Jaguar Land Rover has proved itself to be a strong and stable business in spite of the economic downturn, with good sales results in both developing and developed markets. Despite some difficult years...
The battle over air conditioning refrigerant between Mercedes-Benz and France (more or less repping the EU) continued this week with neither side showing signs of backing down....
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
- COMMENT: 'Showing instruments' in West stand off?
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (2)
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (3)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Citroën DS4
- SWEDEN: NEVS/Saab enters administration
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- Kia to build new plant for American markets
- SWEDEN: Redesign moves XC90 up market in UK
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029