UK: JLR pre-tax profits up 20%
Jaguar Land Rover Automotive plc (JLR) has posted a pre-tax profit of GBP404m (US$627m) for the third quarter taking profit for the nine months to the end of December to GBP1.2bn, an increase of 20% over the same period a year earlier.
The third quarter results reflect a 14% increase in retail sales volumes at 88,658 vehicles.
Third quarter revenues were GBP3.8bn taking nine-month revenues to GBP10.7bn, an increase of £1.4bn. Revenue in the 2012 financial year was GBP13.5bn and pre-tax profit was GBP1.5bn.
JLR’s chief financial officer Ken Gregor described the results as “solid, supported by the continued success of the Range Rover Evoque, launch of the all-new Range Rover and further growth in China and other markets."
Jaguar Land Rover has proved itself to be a strong and stable business in spite of the economic downturn, with good sales results in both developing and developed markets. Despite some difficult years...
The battle over air conditioning refrigerant between Mercedes-Benz and France (more or less repping the EU) continued this week with neither side showing signs of backing down....
Johnson Controls, Inc. (JCI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled b...
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- PRODUCT EYE: Audi RS Q3
- Q&A with Tenneco: Energy recovery technologies
- PSA issues new business plan
- BEIJING DEBUTS: Volvo S60L PPHEV concept
- NYIAS DEBUTS: next Mazda MX-5 Miata preview
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- GM HR and comms chiefs quit
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028