UK: JLR pre-tax profits up 20%
Jaguar Land Rover Automotive plc (JLR) has posted a pre-tax profit of GBP404m (US$627m) for the third quarter taking profit for the nine months to the end of December to GBP1.2bn, an increase of 20% over the same period a year earlier.
The third quarter results reflect a 14% increase in retail sales volumes at 88,658 vehicles.
Third quarter revenues were GBP3.8bn taking nine-month revenues to GBP10.7bn, an increase of £1.4bn. Revenue in the 2012 financial year was GBP13.5bn and pre-tax profit was GBP1.5bn.
JLR’s chief financial officer Ken Gregor described the results as “solid, supported by the continued success of the Range Rover Evoque, launch of the all-new Range Rover and further growth in China and other markets."
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
The battle over air conditioning refrigerant between Mercedes-Benz and France (more or less repping the EU) continued this week with neither side showing signs of backing down....
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
- COMMENT: ADAS rollout comes with human issues
- COMMENT: Why the VW Touareg Hybrid had to die
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Driving for fun...
- ANALYSIS: Will the XE work for Jaguar?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: London on the show circuit?
- Chinese brands have failed to catch on in Brazil
- London coming back on motor show circuit
- Finally, Ford's Mustang is 'official' for Europe
- Marchionne merger overtures to GM's Barra rebuffed
- Volvo China plant starts US exports
- Heavy Duty Trucks Market in Europe 2015-2019
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029