CHINA: Japanese suffer as output halves
Output in October by Japanese carmakers fell 48.9% year on year to 150,386 units as they suffered the fallout from the disputed Senkaku/Diaoyu islands in the East China Sea.
Toyota saw exports to China from Japan - mostly Lexus models - collapse by 91.3% to 800 units while Mazda exports were zero, from 440 a year ago.
But there was some relief in the data.
Overseas production by Japan’s eight major carmakers rose 14.6% to 1.31m vehicles with Toyota reporting a rise of 12.9% to a record 430,041 while Honda also had a record month overseas, with production up 20.2% to 266,076 as demand in the US rose 29.1% to 118,599 units, also a record.
More read-it-and-weep news for struggling European rivals from Volkswagen group this week as it chalked up another little milestone - selling over 3m vehicles in the first four months of a year....
Vehicle assembly in Colombia began in 1956 when the government signed an agreement to build Austin trucks locally. Colombian entrepreneurs soon saw the opportunity to invest in technology to be part o...
Though diesels account for the biggest share of the UK premium executive car market, Toyota's Lexus brand is plugging for hybrid instead....
The Malaysian automotive industry is expecting competition in the local market to intensify as the government reduces excise duties further to lower new car prices....
After announcing an after-tax operating loss of A$141m for the 2012 financial year, following a A$290m loss in 2011, Ford has finally thrown in the manufacturing towel in Australia and will close its ...
Two Japanese executives who worked for Denso Corporation are facing over a year in a US federal prison following their roles in a price fixing scandal....
- COMMENT: Tesla Model X - the elephant in the room
- Europe diesel forecasts revised down
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Volkswagen, diesel, recalls
- PSA Peugeot Citroen CEO Carlos Tavares interview
- COMMENT: Where will VW 'emissionsgate' end?
- Prosecutors u-turn on Winterkorn probe
- Volkswagen UK recalls 1.2m group diesels
- Tesla starts Model X deliveries
- New VW CEO replaces PR chief
- Defiant Bosch backs diesel but quiet on Volkswagen
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electric motors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE glazing market- forecasts to 2030