DETROIT: Jaguar Land Rover on model offensive
After a year in which Jaguar Land Rover has launched some important new models such as the redesigned Range Rover and new Jaguar variants specially for markets like the US and China, there is plenty more to come from the company which promised eight new or refreshed models this year.
Some we already know about such as the new F-type Jaguar and the hybrid Range Rover while others are still under wraps.
But global sales chief Phil Popham revealed that there would be a "significant" US launch of another new model.
This is almost certain to be the unveil of the redesigned Range Rover Sport at the New York show in late March.
Popham said: "These are very exciting times and we have eight new 'product actions' to look forward to this year. We are talking about new body styles and the introduction of new lightweight materials and other innovations.
"We have already seen that customers react well to innovation and there have been 25,000 people in the US alone expressing an interest in the new F-type. Some 85% of these are new to the brand and the age demographic is 10 years younger than our current customers."
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global diesel technologies sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this repor...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive starter motor and alternator sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forec...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
The 2013 Goodwood Festival of Speed was held between 11-14 July inclusive, with many vehicles making their global debuts....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Chinese scoop up Pirelli
- ANALYSIS: Depressed Thai market forces rethink
- ANALYSIS: VW Group - success and succession
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: A new Volkswagen for the fleets
- ANALYSIS: UK supplier industry perks up
- New York show debuts: Lincoln Continental added
- Tata's Jaguar Land Rover announces GBP 600m spend
- Jaguar unveils second generation XF in London
- Jaguar Land Rover announces Whitley R&D expansion
- Car sharing won't replace car ownership - BMW