JAPAN: Isuzu operating result soars - reports
Isuzu Motors is expected to post JPY85bn (US$1bn) in operating profit for the 2010/11 business year, a near eight-fold rise from a year ago thanks to robust sales of pick-up trucks and diesel engines, a Japanese report said.
The Nikkei business daily reported Isuzu sales rose about 30% from the previous year's JPY1.8 trillion, according to Reuters.
Its Japan sales rose 14% to 43,535 units, while its overseas shipments of commercial vehicles and pick-up trucks rose about 40%, the report said.
Flooding in Thailand after the worst monsoon season in decades is not expected to have more than a medium-term effect on automakers, Frost & Sullivan analysts said....
Honda India will substitute Japanese parts for Thai components, as will Honda Thailand (whose car plant was flooded), Toyota's three plants are shut until Saturday and it's business as usual at Genera...
Isuzu has launched its redesigned D-Max pickup truck in Thailand....
Isuzu is to build a new plant in eastern Thailand to produce pickup trucks, and is looking to establish the country as its base for export operations....
New vehicle sales in Thailand jumped by over 20% to 79,043 units in August, from 65,724 units sold a year earlier, according to data gathered by Toyota Motor Thailand....
Thailand is expected to attract new investment from the Japanese automotive industry as it rebuilds production capacity in the wake of the devastation caused to the north-eastern coastal areas by the ...
Russian automaker Sollers has signed an agreement with Fiat Group Automobiles to transfer the right to sell and service Fiat cars in Russia starting from 1 January, 2012, the Russian company's press o...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Bentley Continental GT V8 S
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (1)
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Ford Mondeo redesigned for 2015
- JLR looks to increase home supply content
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- Japan's carmakers bring home foreign-made models
- Toyota recalls 1.75m for brake and fuel checks
- GM sued for $10bn over losses on 27m recalled cars
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Supercapacitor / Ultracapacitor Interviews, Strategies, Road Map 2014-2025
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029