JAPAN: Isuzu operating result soars - reports
Isuzu Motors is expected to post JPY85bn (US$1bn) in operating profit for the 2010/11 business year, a near eight-fold rise from a year ago thanks to robust sales of pick-up trucks and diesel engines, a Japanese report said.
The Nikkei business daily reported Isuzu sales rose about 30% from the previous year's JPY1.8 trillion, according to Reuters.
Its Japan sales rose 14% to 43,535 units, while its overseas shipments of commercial vehicles and pick-up trucks rose about 40%, the report said.
Flooding in Thailand after the worst monsoon season in decades is not expected to have more than a medium-term effect on automakers, Frost & Sullivan analysts said....
Honda India will substitute Japanese parts for Thai components, as will Honda Thailand (whose car plant was flooded), Toyota's three plants are shut until Saturday and it's business as usual at Genera...
Isuzu has launched its redesigned D-Max pickup truck in Thailand....
Isuzu is to build a new plant in eastern Thailand to produce pickup trucks, and is looking to establish the country as its base for export operations....
New vehicle sales in Thailand jumped by over 20% to 79,043 units in August, from 65,724 units sold a year earlier, according to data gathered by Toyota Motor Thailand....
Thailand is expected to attract new investment from the Japanese automotive industry as it rebuilds production capacity in the wake of the devastation caused to the north-eastern coastal areas by the ...
Russian automaker Sollers has signed an agreement with Fiat Group Automobiles to transfer the right to sell and service Fiat cars in Russia starting from 1 January, 2012, the Russian company's press o...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: What's a Waku Waku tailgate?
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Volkswagen Polo BlueGT & GTI
- Toyota's plant and product engineering revamp
- Briefing: GM's OnStar system planned for Europe
- JAPAN: Honda reveals clever ‘Waku Waku’ tailgate
- 2015 SHANGHAI SHOW: World premieres
- Ford moves Go!Drive UK car sharing into next phase
- Volkswagen Golf stays top of European tree in Q1
- Lotus celebrates production milestone
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2029