HONG KONG: Isuzu distributor to build trucks in Taiwan
Hong Kong-based DCH Holdings plans to invest about NT$1bn (US$33.3m) to set up a plant in Taiwan to assemble Isuzu trucks through its local subsidiary, Taipei Triangle Motors, the local importer.
C M Yu, president of Taipei Triangle Motors, told China Economic News his company plans to spend another NT$250m (US$8.3m) on a sales and service network in Taiwan in 2012 and 2013, and wants a 25% share of the commercial vehicle market within five years.
DCH has sold Isuzu trucks in Hong Kong since 1972 where it has been the top imported truck brand for 33 years. It was also top in China for the last decade, prompting Isuzu to ask DCH to set up in Taiwan.
Yu said Taiwan is a mature market for commercial vehicles and purchases are mainly replacements. Isuzu has many customers, Yu said, and the brand's high cost/performance value is expected to win back old customers and compete with major rivals Hino and Fuso.
Taipei Triangle Motors sells imported 3.49 to 9.5 ton light trucks and mid-sized bus chassis and will now assemble 10-ton-plus Isuzu trucks in Taiwan to reduce import tariffs and prices.
It plans eight or nine sales and service dealers and another 30 service points by the end of 2013. It will build a fully-owned truck assembly plant in central Taiwan on land in Taipei where it also has headquarters and spare parts facilities.
Engines in Asia-Pacific industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains desc...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global heavy trucks market, major manufacturers, top markets, manufacturing trends and market size forecasts. Use this report t...
Engines in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains description...
General Motors (GM) has signed an agreement to purchase the remaining 40% shares of Isuzu Motors Polska (ISPOL) from Isuzu Motors....
Trucks in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains descriptions...
General Motors head of African operations has given an upbeat assessment of prospects for the company's sales in sub-Saharan Africa....
- Jaguar Land Rover's lightweight future
- INTERVIEW: Ford of Europe's chief, Stephen Odell
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Musical chairs
- ANALYSIS: Scale and mega-platforms
- GENEVA WRAP: Europe still struggles, future bright
- GENEVA: Apple launches car iOS
- 'One Ford' has kept us alive in Europe
- GENEVA: Jaguar names 'small' saloon XE
- JLR reported close to Saudi Arabia factory deal
- GENEVA SHOW: World premieres [final list]
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Dacia: The no frills automotive brand, that is becoming a serious world contender
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- China’s One-Child Policy is Shaping a New Automotive Landscape
- Global light vehicle HVAC market 2008 to 2028