HONG KONG: Isuzu distributor to build trucks in Taiwan
Hong Kong-based DCH Holdings plans to invest about NT$1bn (US$33.3m) to set up a plant in Taiwan to assemble Isuzu trucks through its local subsidiary, Taipei Triangle Motors, the local importer.
C M Yu, president of Taipei Triangle Motors, told China Economic News his company plans to spend another NT$250m (US$8.3m) on a sales and service network in Taiwan in 2012 and 2013, and wants a 25% share of the commercial vehicle market within five years.
DCH has sold Isuzu trucks in Hong Kong since 1972 where it has been the top imported truck brand for 33 years. It was also top in China for the last decade, prompting Isuzu to ask DCH to set up in Taiwan.
Yu said Taiwan is a mature market for commercial vehicles and purchases are mainly replacements. Isuzu has many customers, Yu said, and the brand's high cost/performance value is expected to win back old customers and compete with major rivals Hino and Fuso.
Taipei Triangle Motors sells imported 3.49 to 9.5 ton light trucks and mid-sized bus chassis and will now assemble 10-ton-plus Isuzu trucks in Taiwan to reduce import tariffs and prices.
It plans eight or nine sales and service dealers and another 30 service points by the end of 2013. It will build a fully-owned truck assembly plant in central Taiwan on land in Taipei where it also has headquarters and spare parts facilities.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Units by the following Product Segments: Battery Powered Electric Vehicles (BPEVs), Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs), and Fuel ...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global heavy trucks market, major manufacturers, top markets, manufacturing trends and market size forecasts. Use this report t...
General Motors (GM) has signed an agreement to purchase the remaining 40% shares of Isuzu Motors Polska (ISPOL) from Isuzu Motors....
General Motors head of African operations has given an upbeat assessment of prospects for the company's sales in sub-Saharan Africa....
New vehicle sales in the Philippines increased by over 35% to 14,332 units in February, from 10,591 units a year earlier, according to member data jointly released by the Chamber of Automotive Manufac...
Isuzu Motors is in discussions with General Motors India and Hindustan Motors to manufacture its SUVs and pick-up trucks under contract....
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Interesting, interesting...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Mitsubishi's top-selling PHEV
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tatkata airbag recall extended to 7.8m US vehicles
- JLR-Chery JV opens China factory
- Daimler restructures cooperation with Tesla
- LA DEBUTS: BMW X5 M & BMW X6 M
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report