BRAZIL: Infiniti to sell in Brazil from 2014
Infiniti says it is expanding rapidly across the globe. This fiscal year saw sales starting in Singapore, Chile, Dominican Republic, South Africa and Australia. Hong Kong has been announced to launch in 2013.
Infiniti is planning two Infiniti Centres, in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, to be active from the third quarter of 2014. Additional outlets are planned for the states of Santa Catarina and Paraná within three years.
The luxury brand says that the Brazilian Infiniti Centres designed according to the IREDI concept (Infiniti Retail Environment Design Initiative). It says that includes a luxurious "lobby-lounge-gallery-concept with a bright entrance", as well as a spacious and air-conditioned showroom that "guarantees an unique elegance as well as a relaxing ambience".
Initially, the Infiniti model range in Brazil will comprise the Infiniti FX sport crossover, the 7-seater luxury crossover JX and an all-new sports sedan that is going to be launched soon.
"As part of Infiniti's worldwide expansion, Brazil is a logical addition to our footprint for premium car owners,” said Johan de Nysschen, President of Infiniti.
"By 2014, premium vehicles with a unique combination of inspired performance, attentive hospitality and unparalleled quality will become a reality for the Brazilian market. We are delighted to enter Brazil as we know discerning customers there are very receptive to premium brands,” he added.
I wouldn't have thought that, with the current state of play in the European auto industry, there'd be too much niggle in the union ranks. But we've reported on a bit this week....
After announcing an after-tax operating loss of A$141m for the 2012 financial year, following a A$290m loss in 2011, Ford has finally thrown in the manufacturing towel in Australia and will close its ...
Nissan is recalling over 800,000 Cube/Micra models because of a faulty steering wheel....
Toyota has reasserted itself as the world's most valuable car brand, replacing BMW, rated the top brand in the Millward Brown survey in 2010 and 2012. Toyota held the top spot in 2006-2009 and again i...
Mitsubishi Motors began production of a new mini-car at its Mizushima plant in Kurashiki, Okayama Prefecture, Japan, this week. ...
Mitsubishi Motors began production of a new mini-car at its Mizushima plant in Kurashiki, Okayama Prefecture, Japan this week....
- COMMENT: McLaren comes of age
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Mitsubishi throws in US towel
- Q&A with Ricardo on future powertrain technology
- ANALYSIS: Making sense of China's sales volatility
- Briefing: Tomorrow's steering systems
- Delphi ramps up acquisitions
- Audi to debut OLED lighting at IAA
- JLR clarifies ASEAN expansion goals
- Negative pricing pressure in China - Ford
- Chery spearheads China’s auto export drive
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE tyres market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2030