SOUTH KOREA: Imports continue to increase
The number of imported vehicles on the road in South Korea last month passed 600,000 for the first time, reflecting growing demand for foreign cars.
Around 9,000 imported cars were registered in January, according to the Korea Automobile Importers and Distributors Association.
In 2011, the number of imported cars registered was 105,037, up 16% year on year and over 100,000 for the first time, according to separate data from the agency.
Aurora, Ontario-based global supplier and contract assembler Magna International on Friday (10 August) said second quarter 2012 operating income rose from $108m last year to $470m, with net income up$...
BMW South Africa plans to add China to the export destinations for its locally-built 3 series models later this year....
The recently expanded BMW-Brilliance car making joint venture will expand engine manufacturing in Shenyang, Liaoning province....
After announcing record sales for the first half of 2012 a month ago, BMW Group on Tuesday (7 August) said it had achieved a record sales result for July 2012 as sales worldwide rose 5% year on year t...
- COMMENT: Volvo's US sales surge as China reverses
- China's economic turbulence worries auto industry
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- Key trends in the automotive air-con market
- COMMENT: TPP legacy as Obama's Grand Projet?
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: Toyota Prius added
- Land Rover develops 'see-through trailer' concept
- BMW launches smartphone wireless charging
- Uber hires car hacking engineers
- Suzuki-VW dispute over
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Volkswagen AG - Strategy and SWOT Report