SOUTH KOREA: Imports continue to increase
The number of imported vehicles on the road in South Korea last month passed 600,000 for the first time, reflecting growing demand for foreign cars.
Around 9,000 imported cars were registered in January, according to the Korea Automobile Importers and Distributors Association.
In 2011, the number of imported cars registered was 105,037, up 16% year on year and over 100,000 for the first time, according to separate data from the agency.
Aurora, Ontario-based global supplier and contract assembler Magna International on Friday (10 August) said second quarter 2012 operating income rose from $108m last year to $470m, with net income up$...
BMW South Africa plans to add China to the export destinations for its locally-built 3 series models later this year....
The recently expanded BMW-Brilliance car making joint venture will expand engine manufacturing in Shenyang, Liaoning province....
After announcing record sales for the first half of 2012 a month ago, BMW Group on Tuesday (7 August) said it had achieved a record sales result for July 2012 as sales worldwide rose 5% year on year t...
- COMMENT: What is normal in Russian maelstrom?
- Regulatory concerns grow in China
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: SEAT Alhambra 2.0 TDI
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The August harvest...
- Mercedes 'guilty' of China parts price fixing
- Ford recalls 160,000 cars to fix wiring problem
- Serious concern on Russia auto sanction rumours
- ZF's TRW plans hit a Bosch hitch - report
- Cadillac takes on Merc S Class
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Motor Vehicle Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Brazilian automobile industry - Right strategy for tough times