SOUTH KOREA: Imports continue to increase
The number of imported vehicles on the road in South Korea last month passed 600,000 for the first time, reflecting growing demand for foreign cars.
Around 9,000 imported cars were registered in January, according to the Korea Automobile Importers and Distributors Association.
In 2011, the number of imported cars registered was 105,037, up 16% year on year and over 100,000 for the first time, according to separate data from the agency.
Aurora, Ontario-based global supplier and contract assembler Magna International on Friday (10 August) said second quarter 2012 operating income rose from $108m last year to $470m, with net income up$...
BMW South Africa plans to add China to the export destinations for its locally-built 3 series models later this year....
The recently expanded BMW-Brilliance car making joint venture will expand engine manufacturing in Shenyang, Liaoning province....
After announcing record sales for the first half of 2012 a month ago, BMW Group on Tuesday (7 August) said it had achieved a record sales result for July 2012 as sales worldwide rose 5% year on year t...
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (1)
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- JLR looks to increase home supply content
- Ford announces new engine investment for Dagenham
- JLR starts Discovery Sport production
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)