SOUTH KOREA: Imports continue to increase
The number of imported vehicles on the road in South Korea last month passed 600,000 for the first time, reflecting growing demand for foreign cars.
Around 9,000 imported cars were registered in January, according to the Korea Automobile Importers and Distributors Association.
In 2011, the number of imported cars registered was 105,037, up 16% year on year and over 100,000 for the first time, according to separate data from the agency.
Aurora, Ontario-based global supplier and contract assembler Magna International on Friday (10 August) said second quarter 2012 operating income rose from $108m last year to $470m, with net income up$...
BMW South Africa plans to add China to the export destinations for its locally-built 3 series models later this year....
The recently expanded BMW-Brilliance car making joint venture will expand engine manufacturing in Shenyang, Liaoning province....
After announcing record sales for the first half of 2012 a month ago, BMW Group on Tuesday (7 August) said it had achieved a record sales result for July 2012 as sales worldwide rose 5% year on year t...
- ANALYSIS: Making sense of China's sales volatility
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Toyota's FCV cometh
- ANALYSIS: Kia 'thinks globally, acts locally'
- VA: Minnow Mitsubishi not short on L200 claims
- Kia UK MD on how to raise brand pricing
- Mitsubishi ending US production
- FCA to recall 1,060,531 Ram trucks
- JCI confirms auto exit as supplier eddies swirl
- FRANKFURT DEBUTS LIST: Ferrari 488 Spider added
- Fiat Chrysler cops record penalty from NHTSA
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE tyres market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2030