SOUTH KOREA: Hyundai poised to set up in Myanmar
Hyundai Motor Company is poised to move into the Myanmar market to tap what is understood to be enormous growth potential, according to media reports.
The automaker plans to supply cars by partnering with local Myanmar distribution agencies and is considering setting up a local unit later.
Newspapers in Seoul reported that Hyundai was talking with local dealership Diamond Star because the Myanmar government prohibits direct imports of cars but allows government-approved agents to bring cars in.
Hyundai plans to use Diamond Star as its official dealer in the country which has growth potential comparable to that of nearby Thailand, one of Asia's largest car markets.
Companies: Hyundai Motor Company
Multiple concepts and new models have made their global debuts at the bienniel Seoul motor show. The media day was 28 March....
Multiple concepts and new models are making their global debuts at the New York auto show. Public days are 29 March to 7 April....
Details of concepts and new models which made their global debuts at the Geneva motor show on media preview days 5 and 6 March....
French car registrations tumbled 12% in February, the country's main car industry body said on Friday, as a weak economy continued to weigh on demand for new vehicles....
Visteon has announced that it earned US$100m in 2012, up from USD80m the pevious year, as it benefited from higher volumes in North America and Asia....
Hyundai and Kia are raising the prices of new models launched in the US this month in an attempt to head-off the challenge posed by a stronger Korean won which is undermining the group's profitability...
A white ix35 fuel cell vehicle rolled off the assembly line at the company's Ulsan manufacturing complex as Hyundai claimed to have become the world's first car manufacturer to begin assembly line pro...
The Hyundai and Kia brands are the fastest growing in Europe but the full impact of their success in the region is revealed in an economic impact study carried out by London Economics, one of Europe's...
- THE WEEK - aftermarket player and new products
- Volkswagen counts the cost of 'dieselgate'
- ANALYSIS - Jaguar takes on Porsche with F-PACE
- Autumn facelift beckons for Citroen's Family hit
- TowerSec VP on automotive cyber security - Q&A
- Maserati to double Levante SUV output
- Magna to build aluminium casting facility in UK
- Ford says new Fusion hybrid has 610 miles of range
- just-auto takes a break
- Volkswagen nominates 55 FAST suppliers
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market - forecasts to 2030
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (12-month membership)
- Global light vehicle roof systems market - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle turbochargers market - forecasts to 2030