SOUTH KOREA: Hyundai poised to set up in Myanmar
Hyundai Motor Company is poised to move into the Myanmar market to tap what is understood to be enormous growth potential, according to media reports.
The automaker plans to supply cars by partnering with local Myanmar distribution agencies and is considering setting up a local unit later.
Newspapers in Seoul reported that Hyundai was talking with local dealership Diamond Star because the Myanmar government prohibits direct imports of cars but allows government-approved agents to bring cars in.
Hyundai plans to use Diamond Star as its official dealer in the country which has growth potential comparable to that of nearby Thailand, one of Asia's largest car markets.
Multiple concepts and new models have made their global debuts at the bienniel Seoul motor show. The media day was 28 March....
Car Manufacturing in Asia-Pacific industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 20...
Multiple concepts and new models are making their global debuts at the New York auto show. Public days are 29 March to 7 April....
Details of concepts and new models which made their global debuts at the Geneva motor show on media preview days 5 and 6 March....
French car registrations tumbled 12% in February, the country's main car industry body said on Friday, as a weak economy continued to weigh on demand for new vehicles....
Visteon has announced that it earned US$100m in 2012, up from USD80m the pevious year, as it benefited from higher volumes in North America and Asia....
Hyundai and Kia are raising the prices of new models launched in the US this month in an attempt to head-off the challenge posed by a stronger Korean won which is undermining the group's profitability...
A white ix35 fuel cell vehicle rolled off the assembly line at the company's Ulsan manufacturing complex as Hyundai claimed to have become the world's first car manufacturer to begin assembly line pro...
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- PRODUCT EYE: Audi RS Q3
- 2014 NYIAS: List of world premieres
- 2014 BEIJING SHOW: World premieres
- Discovery Sport to replace Land Rover's Freelander
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- GM CEO recall comments draw senator's retort
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028