SOUTH KOREA: Hyundai names next Tucson as first fuel cell production car
Hyundai began assembling this fuel cell version of the Tucson at its Ulsan works in February
Hyundai Motor has announced that the fuel cell vehicle it will build at the rate of 10,000 units a year will be a version of the next Tuscon.
The first units of an experimental fuel cell vehicle entered low-scale production in February, the company stating at that time that it would continue testing these cars ahead of launching one or more production models in 2015.
The Tucson ix FCEV (known as the ix35 Fuel Cell in some countries) had its global motor show debut at Geneva in March. Hyundai stated then that it would build 1,000 units of the model, and underlined a previous intention to make a future fuel cell model at the rate of 10,000 units a year. Until now, the identity of the future vehicle was not known.
"Hyundai is currently making a fuel-cell-powered version of the Tucson with the goal of selling 1,000 units by 2015, when it will launch the next-generation Tucson and target annual output of about 10,000 units," part of a media release issued on 21 May reads.
Author: Glenn Brooks
PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (12-month membership)
PLDB from just-auto.com is a cost effective, vehicle cycle plan database, showing the production life of all major current and future vehicle models produced (or to be produced) globally by all brands...read more
Companies: Hyundai Motor Company
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electric motors sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to...
New to QUBE in the last quarter, this report has been extracted from QUBE and provides a comprehensive overview of the global light vehicle engine technologies sector, major suppliers, top markets, te...
New vehicle sales in the Philippines increased by 13.8% to a new monthly high of 16,800 units in October, compared with 14,764 units a year earlier, according to data released jointly by the Chamber o...
- Volkswagen counts the cost of 'dieselgate'
- THE WEEK - aftermarket player and new products
- ANALYSIS - Jaguar takes on Porsche with F-PACE
- Autumn facelift beckons for Citroen's Family hit
- TowerSec VP on automotive cyber security - Q&A
- Maserati to double Levante SUV output
- Magna to build aluminium casting facility in UK
- Ford says new Fusion hybrid has 610 miles of range
- just-auto takes a break
- Volkswagen nominates 55 FAST suppliers
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market - forecasts to 2030
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (12-month membership)
- Global light vehicle roof systems market - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market - forecasts to 2030