SOUTH KOREA: Hyundai Mobis invents in-cab truck load weight measurement device
Hyundai Mobis, the largest auto parts manufacturer in South Korea, is reported to have developed a machine that shows drivers the exact weight of the freight loaded on their vehicle.
The Korea Herald said the company has applied for an international patent for the product, which is expected to emerge as a popular safety item among truck owners world-wide.
The machine is designed to show drivers the weight of the cargo they are carrying through a monitor at their seat. It checks the pressure on each wheel and calculates the weight.
Mobis expects the new product, priced between 1.25 million won and 2.05 million won depending on the type of truck, to emerge as one of its key export items, the Korea Herald said.
Hyundai plans to make India the export hub for the Getz supermini. The local plant is already the export centre for the Santro/Atos small car....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global heavy trucks market, major manufacturers, top markets, manufacturing trends and market size forecasts. Use this report t...
Hyundai Motor Group said yesterday that it aims to become the world's sixth-largest carmaker in the next four or five years by concentrating on enhancing productivity and quality, the Korea Herald rep...
The output of Russia's Rostov Region-based Taganrog Automobile Plant, or TagAZ, climbed 77.7% on the year to 6,226 cars in January-March, according to data released by the Rostov Regional Statistics S...
Hyundai Motor reportedly has sold a million cars to Africa and the Middle East since it shipped its first batch of 40 Pony models to Bahrain in 1976....
VW's Spanish offshoot Seat seems determined to make all its cars look alike, if the first 'official' pictures of the new Leon that will make its public debut at the Barcelona motor show next May is an...
Hyundai Motor Group has said that it will begin a tour this month of prominent universities in the United States and Europe to recruit doctorate and master's degree holders....
Honda's joint venture with a Chinese automaker was the second top seller in the Chinese car market in the January-March quarter, outranked only by Hyundai Motor 's joint venture, China's state-run med...
- What does 'Brexit' mean for the auto sector?
- Ford's future models and platforms
- The self-driving Volvo is getting closer
- And so Brexit begins - The Week That Was
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Brexit fallout and recovery
- "No trade barriers" says FKG amid Brexit fallout
- Volkswagen scandal - Porsche plunges into the red
- Aston Martin lost GBP127.9m in 2015
- VDA warns against post-Brexit customs barriers
- Shocked CLEPA to discuss Brexit in Madrid
- Jaguar Land Rover: Adapting the original SUV & turning middle class Britishness into a business asset
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (12-month membership)
- Automotive Megatrends
- Tesla Motors, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market - forecasts to 2030