SOUTH KOREA: Hyundai Mobis invents in-cab truck load weight measurement device
Hyundai Mobis, the largest auto parts manufacturer in South Korea, is reported to have developed a machine that shows drivers the exact weight of the freight loaded on their vehicle.
The Korea Herald said the company has applied for an international patent for the product, which is expected to emerge as a popular safety item among truck owners world-wide.
The machine is designed to show drivers the weight of the cargo they are carrying through a monitor at their seat. It checks the pressure on each wheel and calculates the weight.
Mobis expects the new product, priced between 1.25 million won and 2.05 million won depending on the type of truck, to emerge as one of its key export items, the Korea Herald said.
Hyundai plans to make India the export hub for the Getz supermini. The local plant is already the export centre for the Santro/Atos small car....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global heavy trucks market, major manufacturers, top markets, manufacturing trends and market size forecasts. Use this report t...
Hyundai Motor Group said yesterday that it aims to become the world's sixth-largest carmaker in the next four or five years by concentrating on enhancing productivity and quality, the Korea Herald rep...
The output of Russia's Rostov Region-based Taganrog Automobile Plant, or TagAZ, climbed 77.7% on the year to 6,226 cars in January-March, according to data released by the Rostov Regional Statistics S...
Hyundai Motor reportedly has sold a million cars to Africa and the Middle East since it shipped its first batch of 40 Pony models to Bahrain in 1976....
VW's Spanish offshoot Seat seems determined to make all its cars look alike, if the first 'official' pictures of the new Leon that will make its public debut at the Barcelona motor show next May is an...
Hyundai Motor Group has said that it will begin a tour this month of prominent universities in the United States and Europe to recruit doctorate and master's degree holders....
Honda's joint venture with a Chinese automaker was the second top seller in the Chinese car market in the January-March quarter, outranked only by Hyundai Motor 's joint venture, China's state-run med...
- Audi TDI tech is 25 years of age
- Swallowing Fiat-Chrysler 'would be bad for VW'
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: BMW X4
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Driving the Swedish nanny state
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Roasting in Kia's Mojave oven
- Sir Nick Scheele dies
- Volvo claims two safety firsts for XC90
- Rule change hits 'free charger' offers for EVs
- Nissan learns from India mistakes
- Opel Group formed within Adam Opel
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- New Cars: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018