SOUTH KOREA: Hyundai Mobis invents in-cab truck load weight measurement device
Hyundai Mobis, the largest auto parts manufacturer in South Korea, is reported to have developed a machine that shows drivers the exact weight of the freight loaded on their vehicle.
The Korea Herald said the company has applied for an international patent for the product, which is expected to emerge as a popular safety item among truck owners world-wide.
The machine is designed to show drivers the weight of the cargo they are carrying through a monitor at their seat. It checks the pressure on each wheel and calculates the weight.
Mobis expects the new product, priced between 1.25 million won and 2.05 million won depending on the type of truck, to emerge as one of its key export items, the Korea Herald said.
Hyundai plans to make India the export hub for the Getz supermini. The local plant is already the export centre for the Santro/Atos small car....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global heavy trucks market, major manufacturers, top markets, manufacturing trends and market size forecasts. Use this report t...
Hyundai Motor Group said yesterday that it aims to become the world's sixth-largest carmaker in the next four or five years by concentrating on enhancing productivity and quality, the Korea Herald rep...
The output of Russia's Rostov Region-based Taganrog Automobile Plant, or TagAZ, climbed 77.7% on the year to 6,226 cars in January-March, according to data released by the Rostov Regional Statistics S...
Hyundai Motor reportedly has sold a million cars to Africa and the Middle East since it shipped its first batch of 40 Pony models to Bahrain in 1976....
VW's Spanish offshoot Seat seems determined to make all its cars look alike, if the first 'official' pictures of the new Leon that will make its public debut at the Barcelona motor show next May is an...
Hyundai Motor Group has said that it will begin a tour this month of prominent universities in the United States and Europe to recruit doctorate and master's degree holders....
Honda's joint venture with a Chinese automaker was the second top seller in the Chinese car market in the January-March quarter, outranked only by Hyundai Motor 's joint venture, China's state-run med...
- ANALYSIS: Hyundai axes Veloster, goes after Toyota
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Another year races by
- Review of 2014 (1)
- ANALYSIS: Future models for North America - Part 2
- ANALYSIS: Future models for North America - Part 1
- Punch Genk offer "missed opportunity": Mayor
- Pay deal lifts strike threat at Jaguar Land Rover
- Genk mayor organises "loudest shift" as Ford exits
- PSA UK announces new senior management structure
- Sales suspended as ruble crisis bites
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Hydrogen and Fuel Cells 2015-2025: Forecasts, Technologies, Markets
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global automotive OE lighting market- forecasts to 2029