SOUTH KOREA: Hyundai Mobis expands Europe production
Hyundai Mobis is beginning operations at a Slovakian plant to produce core brake control systems for 600,000 cars per year.
Hyundai Mobis has completed a 3,170 sq m plant making brake modules at a cost of KRW50bn (US$46.6m), according to the Maeil Business newspaper.
The integrated production system involves processing, plating and assembly of calipers, drum brakes and hand brakes.
Hyundai Mobis previously made parts at its domestic plant in Changwon, South Gyeongsang Province, and shipped components for assembly at module plants in Slovakia and the Czech Republic to supply Hyundai Motor in the Czech Republic and Kia Motors in Slovakia.
"The new plant, ideally located in Europe for local production, will enable Hyundai Mobis cut logistics costs to boost cost competitiveness and rapidly adapt to local conditions and environments," an unnamed executive said.
The old adage 'win on Sunday, sell on Monday' attributed to Ford's return to racing in the US in the early 1950s* has been given a new twist by Hyundai. The company doesn't want to be the world's bigg...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global OE automotive lighting sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this re...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global OE automotive foundation braking sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use ...
The UK market looked strong in May while Toyota's UK plant, clobbered by the 2008 recession, is now claimed to be back at capacity, following the start of production of the Auris Touring Sports or, to...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Automotive Electronic Brake System market to grow at a CAGR of 7.34 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growt...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Auto Parts Manufacturing industry in China to grow at a CAGR of 14.98 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this growth is the inc...
- What now for docked Hoegh Osaka cargo?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: New Hondas and the ship's up
- RESEARCH ANALYSIS: Review of instrumentation
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Honda CR-V update
- Has Audi reached a model proliferation limit?
- JLR recreates 1948 line for Defender plant tour
- Most cars unscathed by Osaka drama: ship owner
- GENEVA DEBUTS: McLaren 675 Longtail
- Honda changes air bag supplier from Takata
- Automakers anxious to learn Osaka cars fate: Hoegh
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle HVAC market- forecasts to 2029