SOUTH KOREA: Hyundai Mobis expands Europe production
Hyundai Mobis is beginning operations at a Slovakian plant to produce core brake control systems for 600,000 cars per year.
Hyundai Mobis has completed a 3,170 sq m plant making brake modules at a cost of KRW50bn (US$46.6m), according to the Maeil Business newspaper.
The integrated production system involves processing, plating and assembly of calipers, drum brakes and hand brakes.
Hyundai Mobis previously made parts at its domestic plant in Changwon, South Gyeongsang Province, and shipped components for assembly at module plants in Slovakia and the Czech Republic to supply Hyundai Motor in the Czech Republic and Kia Motors in Slovakia.
"The new plant, ideally located in Europe for local production, will enable Hyundai Mobis cut logistics costs to boost cost competitiveness and rapidly adapt to local conditions and environments," an unnamed executive said.
The old adage 'win on Sunday, sell on Monday' attributed to Ford's return to racing in the US in the early 1950s* has been given a new twist by Hyundai. The company doesn't want to be the world's bigg...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global OE automotive lighting sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this re...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global OE automotive foundation braking sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use ...
The UK market looked strong in May while Toyota's UK plant, clobbered by the 2008 recession, is now claimed to be back at capacity, following the start of production of the Auris Touring Sports or, to...
This report, the Global Automotive Interiors market, has been prepared based on an in-depth analysis of the market with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the North America, EMEA, APAC, a...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Automotive Electronic Brake System market to grow at a CAGR of 7.34 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growt...
- COMMENT: What is normal in Russian maelstrom?
- Regulatory concerns grow in China
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: SEAT Alhambra 2.0 TDI
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The August harvest...
- Mercedes 'guilty' of China parts price fixing
- Ford recalls 160,000 cars to fix wiring problem
- Serious concern on Russia auto sanction rumours
- ZF's TRW plans hit a Bosch hitch - report
- Cadillac takes on Merc S Class
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Motor Vehicle Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Brazilian automobile industry - Right strategy for tough times