SOUTH KOREA: Hyundai Mobis expands Europe production
Hyundai Mobis is beginning operations at a Slovakian plant to produce core brake control systems for 600,000 cars per year.
Hyundai Mobis has completed a 3,170 sq m plant making brake modules at a cost of KRW50bn (US$46.6m), according to the Maeil Business newspaper.
The integrated production system involves processing, plating and assembly of calipers, drum brakes and hand brakes.
Hyundai Mobis previously made parts at its domestic plant in Changwon, South Gyeongsang Province, and shipped components for assembly at module plants in Slovakia and the Czech Republic to supply Hyundai Motor in the Czech Republic and Kia Motors in Slovakia.
"The new plant, ideally located in Europe for local production, will enable Hyundai Mobis cut logistics costs to boost cost competitiveness and rapidly adapt to local conditions and environments," an unnamed executive said.
The old adage 'win on Sunday, sell on Monday' attributed to Ford's return to racing in the US in the early 1950s* has been given a new twist by Hyundai. The company doesn't want to be the world's bigg...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global OE automotive lighting sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this re...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global OE automotive foundation braking sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use ...
The UK market looked strong in May while Toyota's UK plant, clobbered by the 2008 recession, is now claimed to be back at capacity, following the start of production of the Auris Touring Sports or, to...
This report, the Global Automotive Interiors market, has been prepared based on an in-depth analysis of the market with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the North America, EMEA, APAC, a...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Automotive Electronic Brake System market to grow at a CAGR of 7.34 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growt...
- COMMENT: 'Showing instruments' in West stand off?
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (3)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Citroën DS4
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: And what a week...
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (2)
- [12:45BST update]: Nissan's Palmer named Aston CEO
- PARIS DEBUTS: Infiniti Q70 2.2d
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- CHENGDU SHOW: World premieres
- [13:15BST update]: Court OKs NEVS reorganisation
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants