SOUTH KOREA: Hyundai-Kia overseas car sales to top 50m in March
The Maeil Business Newspaper said the two carmakers posted 48.33m cars in accumulative car sales overseas last year. Given their combined monthly overseas sales reach up to 600,000 units, they are very likely to surpass 50m units during March.
Their accumulative car sales overseas passed 1m in 1987 and 10m in 2001.
Sales growth gained speed over time, passing 20m units in 2006, 30m in 2009 and 40m in 2011.
Last year, record sales continued for the carmakers, sending their global market share to 8.8%, the highest level ever. The market share reached 8.7% in the US, 6.2% in Europe and 10.5% in China.
More than 80% of total production was sold overseas. Since 2008, they have maintained higher business margins abroad than at home.
The two carmakers run overseas plants, producing 600,000 units in the US, 600,000 in Europe, 1.44m in China, 600,000 in India, 100,000 in Turkey, 200,000 in Russia and 150,000 in Brazil.
After being entertained for the last couple of weeks by Germany v France over Mercedes' choice of air conditioner refrigerant (colleague Simon Warburton has now learned so much about R134a v r1234yf h...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Hyundai is recalling almost 250,000 older model Sonata and Azera sedans in cold weather US states due to possible corrosion that can affect rear wheel alignment....
Hyundai Motor workers voted to strike for better pay and working conditions just a year after ending the costliest dispute in the company's history....
New vehicle sales in the Philippines increased 8.2% year on year in July to 15,686 units, according to the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of the Philippines Inc (CAMPI) and the Truck Manufacturer...
Hyundai Motor has called for mediation with a state-run labour body in an attempt to head off a possible strike....
Beijing Hyundai sold 75,568 motor vehicles in July, up 25.5% year on year....
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- Indian summer for SsangYong - ANALYSIS
- Yes, some car companies do good things – COMMENT
- Volvo's engine and platform independence progress
- Jaguar Land Rover expands engine plant capacity
- VW Group reins in capital spending
- Bosch investigated for role in VW scandal
- Volkswagen making progress on diesel emissions fix
- Prosecutors eye VW workers for emissions tax evade
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE mirrors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electronic braking market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030