The new Dodge is identical to the Hyundai original
Chrysler Group has launched an additional new model for Mexico only, the Dodge i10. Like that market's other two exclusive small cars, the Atos by Dodge and Dodge Attitude, the new small car is built by Hyundai Motor India (HMIL).
The Dodge i10, more or less identical to other LHD versions of the Hyundai i10 which HMIL exports to Europe and elsewhere, is powered by a 66hp 1.1-litre petrol engine. The base model is priced from MXP 112,900 (USD 9,615).
Chrysler Group and its antecedents Chrysler LLC and DaimlerChrysler have had a long-standing arrangement whereby certain Hyundai passenger cars and LCVs are sold exclusively in Mexico. Hyundai and Kia continue to remain absent from the local market.
Author: Glenn Brooks
An updated list of world premiere concepts and production models which appeared at the Paris motor show's 27 & 28 September press preview days....
After telling its members to prepare for strike action ahead of the expiration of its contract agreements with the Detroit Three, the pace of negotiations has picked up amid talk of concessions from t...
New vehicle sales in the Philippines fell by 21.7% to 11,351 units in August, compared with 14,503 units a year earlier, according to member data released by the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of...
- VW's amazing new 1.0-litre Golf engine - Analysis
- What does 'Brexit' mean for the auto sector?
- Toyota finally makes an economical Prius
- Volkswagen’s steady hand on the tiller - Comment
- Monroe riding high on the suspension market
- VW to axe 40 models - report
- Ex-VW CEO Winterkorn under investigation
- Fuel economy scandal pushes MMC deep into red
- NEVS drops Saab as it establishes identity
- EC admits it "made mistakes" as UK about to vote