MEXICO: Hyundai i10 becomes 2012 Dodge i10
The new Dodge is identical to the Hyundai original
Chrysler Group has launched an additional new model for Mexico only, the Dodge i10. Like that market's other two exclusive small cars, the Atos by Dodge and Dodge Attitude, the new small car is built by Hyundai Motor India (HMIL).
The Dodge i10, more or less identical to other LHD versions of the Hyundai i10 which HMIL exports to Europe and elsewhere, is powered by a 66hp 1.1-litre petrol engine. The base model is priced from MXP 112,900 (USD 9,615).
Chrysler Group and its antecedents Chrysler LLC and DaimlerChrysler have had a long-standing arrangement whereby certain Hyundai passenger cars and LCVs are sold exclusively in Mexico. Hyundai and Kia continue to remain absent from the local market.
Author: Glenn Brooks
An updated list of world premiere concepts and production models which appeared at the Paris motor show's 27 & 28 September press preview days....
After telling its members to prepare for strike action ahead of the expiration of its contract agreements with the Detroit Three, the pace of negotiations has picked up amid talk of concessions from t...
New vehicle sales in the Philippines fell by 21.7% to 11,351 units in August, compared with 14,503 units a year earlier, according to member data released by the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: All eyes on Vienna
- ANALYSIS: Opel-Vauxhall and Buick's shared future
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSI
- INTERVIEW: Alain Uyttenhoven, Head of Lexus Europe
- Briefing: Supplier industry financial review
- 2014 GUANGZHOU SHOW: World premieres list
- Tesla and BMW in battery talks - reports
- BMW tests Google Glass eyewear for quality checks
- VW Group to invest EUR86bn in next five years
- 2016 Hyundai i20 last to be bought on price: UK MD