SOUTH KOREA: Hyundai focuses on larger models in China
Hyundai Motor plans to raise sales and market share of mid and large-sized cars in China.
Beijing Hyundai Motor Company said it plans to boost the share of mid and large-sized and high-end large cars to 50% of its total sales there by 2015, the Maeil Business Newspaper reported.
At present, smaller models like the Avante and Tucson ix take up higher share of the company's sales in China. Beijing Hyundai will now concentrate on selling more mid-sized cars including the Sonata and Santafe and high-end large cars including the Genesis and Equus. Hyundai began by introducing an exclusive version of the Santa Fe at the 2012 Guangzhou International Motor Show.
Car production in China will be also expanded in line with this move, by as much as 40% over the next three years in a move to manufacture 1.4m units by 2015.
Hyundai is uniting with the US Energy Department on a new public-private partnership called H2USA, which will focus on advancing hydrogen infrastructure to support more transportation energy options f...
An i30 was the one millionth car produced at Hyundai's factory in Nošovice, Czech Republic this week. Production started at the 'greenfield' plant on 3 November 2008, when a previous generation i30 mo...
New vehicle sales in the Philippines increased by 21% to 14,888 units in April, from 12,304 in the same month of last year, according to data released jointly by the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturer...
Sales of new cars in Germany, Europe's biggest market, grew 3.8% to 284,400 vehicles last month compared with 273,900 in April 2012. It was the first increase for six months and the biggest since Dece...
Hyundai Motor will expand production at one of its factories in Beijing, China....
- COMMENT: 'Showing instruments' in West stand off?
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (3)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Citroën DS4
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: And what a week...
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (2)
- [12:45BST update]: Nissan's Palmer named Aston CEO
- PARIS DEBUTS: Infiniti Q70 2.2d
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- CHENGDU SHOW: World premieres
- SWEDEN: Redesign moves XC90 up market in UK
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants