SOUTH KOREA: Hyundai focuses on larger models in China
Hyundai Motor plans to raise sales and market share of mid and large-sized cars in China.
Beijing Hyundai Motor Company said it plans to boost the share of mid and large-sized and high-end large cars to 50% of its total sales there by 2015, the Maeil Business Newspaper reported.
At present, smaller models like the Avante and Tucson ix take up higher share of the company's sales in China. Beijing Hyundai will now concentrate on selling more mid-sized cars including the Sonata and Santafe and high-end large cars including the Genesis and Equus. Hyundai began by introducing an exclusive version of the Santa Fe at the 2012 Guangzhou International Motor Show.
Car production in China will be also expanded in line with this move, by as much as 40% over the next three years in a move to manufacture 1.4m units by 2015.
Hyundai is uniting with the US Energy Department on a new public-private partnership called H2USA, which will focus on advancing hydrogen infrastructure to support more transportation energy options f...
An i30 was the one millionth car produced at Hyundai's factory in Nošovice, Czech Republic this week. Production started at the 'greenfield' plant on 3 November 2008, when a previous generation i30 mo...
New vehicle sales in the Philippines increased by 21% to 14,888 units in April, from 12,304 in the same month of last year, according to data released jointly by the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturer...
Sales of new cars in Germany, Europe's biggest market, grew 3.8% to 284,400 vehicles last month compared with 273,900 in April 2012. It was the first increase for six months and the biggest since Dece...
Hyundai Motor will expand production at one of its factories in Beijing, China....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- ANALYSIS: Mégane GT 220 & future Renaults
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Premium electric SUVs...
- Briefing: Innovative emission technologies
- ANALYSIS: Honda's BR-V could be The Next Big Thing
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: Multiple updates
- JLR expects "many" of 5,800 Tianjin cars damaged
- GM strike ends as Mercedes truck workers walk
- Ford may revive Bronco and Ranger for US - reports
- Jeep hacker resigns from Twitter - report
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020
- Volkswagen AG - Strategy and SWOT Report
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030