SOUTH KOREA: Hyundai focuses on larger models in China
Hyundai Motor plans to raise sales and market share of mid and large-sized cars in China.
Beijing Hyundai Motor Company said it plans to boost the share of mid and large-sized and high-end large cars to 50% of its total sales there by 2015, the Maeil Business Newspaper reported.
At present, smaller models like the Avante and Tucson ix take up higher share of the company's sales in China. Beijing Hyundai will now concentrate on selling more mid-sized cars including the Sonata and Santafe and high-end large cars including the Genesis and Equus. Hyundai began by introducing an exclusive version of the Santa Fe at the 2012 Guangzhou International Motor Show.
Car production in China will be also expanded in line with this move, by as much as 40% over the next three years in a move to manufacture 1.4m units by 2015.
Hyundai is uniting with the US Energy Department on a new public-private partnership called H2USA, which will focus on advancing hydrogen infrastructure to support more transportation energy options f...
An i30 was the one millionth car produced at Hyundai's factory in Nošovice, Czech Republic this week. Production started at the 'greenfield' plant on 3 November 2008, when a previous generation i30 mo...
New vehicle sales in the Philippines increased by 21% to 14,888 units in April, from 12,304 in the same month of last year, according to data released jointly by the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturer...
Sales of new cars in Germany, Europe's biggest market, grew 3.8% to 284,400 vehicles last month compared with 273,900 in April 2012. It was the first increase for six months and the biggest since Dece...
Hyundai Motor will expand production at one of its factories in Beijing, China....
- Volvo UK specs up seven seat XC90 redesign
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes smart brand's last chance?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Hobnobbing with the A-listers
- Briefing: 48V mild hybrids (3)
- ANALYSIS: Suzuki's new brand flagship - Vitara
- Geneva show list updated
- UK: Aston Martin to reveal future models strategy
- Ricardo unveils new prototype electric motor
- GENEVA DEBUTS: Audi Q7 e-tron to be a diesel PHEV
- Audi plots 2020 expansion strategy
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates - Latest Monthly Update
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)