SOUTH KOREA: Hyundai boosts upscale sedan sales in Europe
Hyundai’s premium models now account for more than 10% of the South Korean brand’s sales in Europe.
Of its 247,000 passenger car sales in the first 10 months in Europe, 29,000, or 11.8%, were mid-sized and luxury sedans, up from 4.4% a year ago.
The company said the increase was driven by demand for the Hyundai i40, which was launched in July 2011. Sales of this model have risen to 28,489 this year, up from 11,777 in 2011.
The old adage 'win on Sunday, sell on Monday' attributed to Ford's return to racing in the US in the early 1950s* has been given a new twist by Hyundai. The company doesn't want to be the world's bigg...
The UK market looked strong in May while Toyota's UK plant, clobbered by the 2008 recession, is now claimed to be back at capacity, following the start of production of the Auris Touring Sports or, to...
Only two people of 10 in Europe can say what Hyundai is and what it does without being prompted but the company is hoping its involvement in the World Rally Championship from next year, along with its...
Hyundai Motor affiliate Kia has now sold over 500,000 cars in the UK since launching with Mazda-based models here in 1991....
General Motors' decision not to build the next generation Aveo in South Korea - at least to start - looks like provoking a confrontation with the country's militant auto trade unions....
Hyundai and are expected to pass the 7m cumulative sales mark in China this month....
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- Regulatory concerns grow in China
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: SEAT Alhambra 2.0 TDI
- ANALYSIS: GM gets serious about Cadillac
- COMMENT: What is normal in Russian maelstrom?
- Ford recalls 160,000 cars to fix wiring problem
- Cadillac takes on Merc S Class
- China levies big fines on Japanese parts makers
- Serious concern on Russia auto sanction rumours
- Mercedes 'guilty' of China parts price fixing
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Motor Vehicle Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Brazilian automobile industry - Right strategy for tough times