MEXICO: Hyundai Accent becomes 2012 Dodge Attitude
2012 Dodge Attitude. Hyundai badge and all.
While Hyundai remains absent from Mexico, its India-built Atos and Accent small cars are sold there with Dodge badging. The new Attitude is a version of the fourth generation Hyundai Accent. The car had its world premiere at the Beijing motor show in April 2010 as the Hyundai Verna. The production model is now built in China (Beijing), South Korea (Ulsan), India (Chennai) and Russia (St Petersburg). In the last of these markets, it is the Hyundai Solaris, while in some other countries, the car is called the Hyundai Brio.
Hyundai Motor America launched the all-new (2012MY) Accent there in April 2011 as both a four-door sedan and a five-door hatchback. The new Mexican market Dodge Attitude, meanwhile, is only available as a sedan. A 1.4-litre petrol engine is standard, with a 1.6 optional.
Author: Glenn Brooks
An updated list of world premiere concepts and production models which appeared at the Paris motor show's 27 & 28 September press preview days....
New vehicle sales in the Philippines fell by 21.7% to 11,351 units in August, compared with 14,503 units a year earlier, according to member data released by the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: What's a Waku Waku tailgate?
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Volkswagen Polo BlueGT & GTI
- Briefing: GM's OnStar system planned for Europe
- Toyota's plant and product engineering revamp
- JAPAN: Honda reveals clever ‘Waku Waku’ tailgate
- 2015 SHANGHAI SHOW: World premieres
- Ford moves Go!Drive UK car sharing into next phase
- Volkswagen Golf stays top of European tree in Q1
- Lotus celebrates production milestone
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2029