JAPAN: Honda will boost domestic sales in next fiscal year
Honda has raised its sales target at home in Japan in the next fiscal year ending March 2014, up 16% to 850,000 vehicles.
Just last month Honda cut its full-year global sales forecast to 4.12m and slashed its profit forecast by a fifth after sales in China were hit by a backlash against Japanese goods.
However, according to the Nikkei newspaper, sales in Japan are expected to jump 22% in the year ending March 2014, boosted by increased demand for minivehicles.
Honda also plans to gain more market share next year with its redesigned Fit subcompact and adding SUV and sedan versions starting next fall, along with a hybrid Accord, the Nikkei said.
Honda plans to sell 350,000 units in the first six months and 500,000 units in the second half in 2014.
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Honda will be returning to Formula One in 2015, confirming rumours which have been circulating since the Geneva show in March....
Honda's Acura unit said the new NSX hybrid supercar would be produced at a new 'Performance Manufacturing Center' in Ohio, a US$70m production facility of 184,000 sq ft to be housed inside the automak...
Nissan Motor's luxury brand Infiniti has appointed Steve Oliver as the new regional director for northern Europe covering the UK and Holland....
Toyota Motor Corporation boosted full fiscal year operating income from JPY355.6bn to JPY1.32 trillion, an increase of JPY965.2bn. Net income rose from JPY283.5bn to JPY962.1bn on sales up 18.7% to J...
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (1)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Bentley Continental GT V8 S
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Ford Mondeo redesigned for 2015
- JLR looks to increase home supply content
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- Japan's carmakers bring home foreign-made models
- GM sued for $10bn over losses on 27m recalled cars
- Toyota recalls 1.75m for brake and fuel checks
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Supercapacitor / Ultracapacitor Interviews, Strategies, Road Map 2014-2025
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029