JAPAN: Honda will boost domestic sales in next fiscal year
Honda has raised its sales target at home in Japan in the next fiscal year ending March 2014, up 16% to 850,000 vehicles.
Just last month Honda cut its full-year global sales forecast to 4.12m and slashed its profit forecast by a fifth after sales in China were hit by a backlash against Japanese goods.
However, according to the Nikkei newspaper, sales in Japan are expected to jump 22% in the year ending March 2014, boosted by increased demand for minivehicles.
Honda also plans to gain more market share next year with its redesigned Fit subcompact and adding SUV and sedan versions starting next fall, along with a hybrid Accord, the Nikkei said.
Honda plans to sell 350,000 units in the first six months and 500,000 units in the second half in 2014.
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Honda will be returning to Formula One in 2015, confirming rumours which have been circulating since the Geneva show in March....
Honda's Acura unit said the new NSX hybrid supercar would be produced at a new 'Performance Manufacturing Center' in Ohio, a US$70m production facility of 184,000 sq ft to be housed inside the automak...
Nissan Motor's luxury brand Infiniti has appointed Steve Oliver as the new regional director for northern Europe covering the UK and Holland....
Toyota Motor Corporation boosted full fiscal year operating income from JPY355.6bn to JPY1.32 trillion, an increase of JPY965.2bn. Net income rose from JPY283.5bn to JPY962.1bn on sales up 18.7% to J...
- COMMENT: Tesla Model X - the elephant in the room
- Europe diesel forecasts revised down
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Volkswagen, diesel, recalls
- PSA Peugeot Citroen CEO Carlos Tavares interview
- COMMENT: Where will VW 'emissionsgate' end?
- Prosecutors u-turn on Winterkorn probe
- Volkswagen UK recalls 1.2m group diesels
- Tesla starts Model X deliveries
- New VW CEO replaces PR chief
- China cuts purchase tax on cars
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electric motors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE glazing market- forecasts to 2030