JAPAN: Honda will boost domestic sales in next fiscal year
Honda has raised its sales target at home in Japan in the next fiscal year ending March 2014, up 16% to 850,000 vehicles.
Just last month Honda cut its full-year global sales forecast to 4.12m and slashed its profit forecast by a fifth after sales in China were hit by a backlash against Japanese goods.
However, according to the Nikkei newspaper, sales in Japan are expected to jump 22% in the year ending March 2014, boosted by increased demand for minivehicles.
Honda also plans to gain more market share next year with its redesigned Fit subcompact and adding SUV and sedan versions starting next fall, along with a hybrid Accord, the Nikkei said.
Honda plans to sell 350,000 units in the first six months and 500,000 units in the second half in 2014.
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Honda will be returning to Formula One in 2015, confirming rumours which have been circulating since the Geneva show in March....
Honda's Acura unit said the new NSX hybrid supercar would be produced at a new 'Performance Manufacturing Center' in Ohio, a US$70m production facility of 184,000 sq ft to be housed inside the automak...
Nissan Motor's luxury brand Infiniti has appointed Steve Oliver as the new regional director for northern Europe covering the UK and Holland....
Toyota Motor Corporation boosted full fiscal year operating income from JPY355.6bn to JPY1.32 trillion, an increase of JPY965.2bn. Net income rose from JPY283.5bn to JPY962.1bn on sales up 18.7% to J...
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- CEO says Citroen wants to be quirky again
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- Indian summer for SsangYong - ANALYSIS
- Volvo's engine and platform independence progress
- Jaguar Land Rover expands engine plant capacity
- VW Group reins in capital spending
- Bosch investigated for role in VW scandal
- Prosecutors eye VW workers for emissions tax evade
- Volkswagen making progress on diesel emissions fix
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electronic braking market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE mirrors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030