JAPAN: Honda starts car exports from China
Honda Motor on Friday began exporting Chinese-made Jazz [Fit] compact cars to Europe, the Associated Press (AP) reported.
Honda executives and local Chinese officials attended a ceremony to see off the first shipment of 150 cars at the southern port of Guangzhou, the report said.
According to AP, Honda said it expects its Chinese joint venture with China's Guangzhou Auto Group Co., Ltd. and Dongfeng Motor Group Co., Ltd. to produce 10,000 of the cars this year, all of which will be exported to Germany and other European markets.
The Associated Press noted that Honda is the first company to begin full-scale exports of Chinese-made cars to Europe - its Chinese joint venture, Honda Automobile (China) Co., Ltd. was established in September 2003 with an investment of $82 million and has an annual production capacity of 50,000 cars.
Japan's vehicle manufacturers are experiencing a sharp slowdown in earnings growth in the current fiscal year due to adverse currency valuations, rising raw material and energy costs and higher intere...
Honda Precision Parts of Georgia, LLC (HPPG) has marked the groundbreaking of its new $100 million transmission plant with the announcement that it will advance transmission assembly operations from f...
Trafficmaster a UK provider of real time traffic information, has announced the completion of its RDS TMC (Radio Data System Traffic Message Channel) contract with major motor manufacturer, Honda Moto...
The Honda Ridgeline - the automaker's first US-style pickup truck - has earned a 5-star safety rating for both frontal and side impact crash test performance from the National Highway Transportation S...
Honda Motor on Tuesday reportedly said its profits for the fiscal quarter ended March 31 edged up 27% as surging sales offset the damage from an unfavourable exchange rate....
The Thai vehicle market resumed its strong positive momentum last month, after a rare blip in February when sales declined by 4.1%. Volumes rose by 24.1% in March to 67,554 units, according to data re...
Honda's joint venture with a Chinese automaker was the second top seller in the Chinese car market in the January-March quarter, outranked only by Hyundai Motor 's joint venture, China's state-run med...
Honda Motor will cut back on business trips to China to keep a low profile at a time when anti-Japanese sentiment appears to be running high, the automaker's chief executive reportedly said on Thursda...
- ANALYSIS: What does TPP mean for autos?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Volkswagen, diesel, recalls
- COMMENT: Tesla Model X - the elephant in the room
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Redesigned Vauxhall (Opel) Astra
- Thailand looks to end first-time buyer overhang
- Aston Martin mulls new factory location
- JLR confirms Brazil plant will assemble Evoque
- LA SHOW: Facelifted Porsche 911 AWD variants
- VW withdraws most 2016 US diesels
- VW India issues stop-sale order for Polo
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2030
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle electric motors market- forecasts to 2030