THAI FLOODS: Honda postponed Japan minivehicle launch
Honda postponed the launch of a minivehicle model in Japan earlier this month after it was unable to obtain parts from flood-hit Thailand, managing officer Sho Minekawa said.
Honda had planned to release a partly redesigned Life Diva on 13 October but was forced to delay the launch which had not been announced, Dow Jones reported.
"We are supposed to import all the aluminum wheels from Thailand" for the model, Minekawa said at a press conference, indicating that this had not been possible as a result of the flooding affecting supply chains in the disaster-hit nation.
Honda has suspended operations since 4 October at its four wheel vehicle factory in Ayutthaya province because the factory remains submerged due to the flooding.
In its most recent update, Honda said its car, motorcycle and power product factories in Thailand will remain closed at least until 31 October, in line with the government's calling of a special five day holiday to let people escape.
Honda Motor operating income for fiscal year 2011/12) fell 59.4% year on year to JPY231.3bn (GBP1.76bn) on revenue down to JPY7,948bn from JPY8,937bn....
The final list of world premiere concepts and production models which appeared for the first time at AutoChina 2012 on the 23 and 24 April media preview days....
Critical PA-12 resin supplier Evonik's fatal fire at its German factory could see global component delivery severely affected for at least three months, with the industry urgently mulling new validati...
Guangqi Honda Automobile plans to build a third production line at its ZengCheng plant....
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: More musical chairs
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Big fish eaten by bigger fish
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- PARIS DEBUTS: Kia Optima diesel hybrid concept
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- Largest Rolls-Royce order ever bound for Macau
- Jaguar launches India assembled XJ
- Alliance re-thinking EV battery strategy - report
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn