THAI FLOODS: Honda postponed Japan minivehicle launch
Honda postponed the launch of a minivehicle model in Japan earlier this month after it was unable to obtain parts from flood-hit Thailand, managing officer Sho Minekawa said.
Honda had planned to release a partly redesigned Life Diva on 13 October but was forced to delay the launch which had not been announced, Dow Jones reported.
"We are supposed to import all the aluminum wheels from Thailand" for the model, Minekawa said at a press conference, indicating that this had not been possible as a result of the flooding affecting supply chains in the disaster-hit nation.
Honda has suspended operations since 4 October at its four wheel vehicle factory in Ayutthaya province because the factory remains submerged due to the flooding.
In its most recent update, Honda said its car, motorcycle and power product factories in Thailand will remain closed at least until 31 October, in line with the government's calling of a special five day holiday to let people escape.
Honda Motor operating income for fiscal year 2011/12) fell 59.4% year on year to JPY231.3bn (GBP1.76bn) on revenue down to JPY7,948bn from JPY8,937bn....
The final list of world premiere concepts and production models which appeared for the first time at AutoChina 2012 on the 23 and 24 April media preview days....
Critical PA-12 resin supplier Evonik's fatal fire at its German factory could see global component delivery severely affected for at least three months, with the industry urgently mulling new validati...
Guangqi Honda Automobile plans to build a third production line at its ZengCheng plant....
- COMMENT: The diminution of Fiat
- COMMENT: BMW & Mercedes battle over self parking
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: 'Game changing' configurator
- Q&A: Volvo XC90 chief engineer Håkan Ivarsson
- RESEARCH SNAPSHOT: Review of front-end modules
- Arrested Toyota executive quits
- JUST THE FACTS: 2016 Audi A4 first look
- VW plans low cost car family
- UK auto sector delivering on growth
- Infrastructure and logistics make Brazil costly
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global electric light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2029