THAI FLOODS: Honda North American plants set for restart
Parts supply problems now having been almost fully resolved, all of Honda's North American plants will resume normal production by 1 December, the parent company says. The hiatus had been caused by the inundation of Honda and supplier plants in Thailand.
Honda has been luckier than some rivals, thanks to almost 90 percent of the Acura and Honda vehicles sold in the US being built in North America. According to a statement issued by American Honda, while most of the parts and materials used to produce these products are purchased from North American suppliers, a few critical electronic parts are sourced from Thailand.
Author: Glenn Brooks
The obvious highlight of a very busy first-week-back-from-summer-hols was Ford's new product extravaganza in Amsterdam on Thursday (6 September) which was most interesting and had me thinking back to ...
The disasters that hit Japan and Thailand last year have been generally viewed as 'abnormal', but such events are actually becoming the norm....
A final update of just-auto's list of concepts and production models which made their debuts at the Los Angeles auto show's 28 & 29 November press days....
An updated list of world premiere concepts and production models which appeared at the Paris motor show's 27 & 28 September press preview days....
Automakers in India are taking advantage of the annual festive season to respond to sluggish demand so far this year by offering discounts and incentives....
- What does 'Brexit' mean for the auto sector?
- The self-driving Volvo is getting closer
- And so Brexit begins - The Week That Was
- Ford's future models and platforms
- Arxan Technologies on cyber security - Q&A
- "No trade barriers" says FKG amid Brexit fallout
- Volkswagen scandal - Porsche plunges into the red
- Aston Martin lost GBP127.9m in 2015
- VDA warns against post-Brexit customs barriers
- Shocked CLEPA to discuss Brexit in Madrid
- Jaguar Land Rover: Adapting the original SUV & turning middle class Britishness into a business asset
- Tesla Motors, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Automotive Megatrends
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (12-month membership)
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market - forecasts to 2030