THAI FLOODS: Honda North American plants set for restart
Parts supply problems now having been almost fully resolved, all of Honda's North American plants will resume normal production by 1 December, the parent company says. The hiatus had been caused by the inundation of Honda and supplier plants in Thailand.
Honda has been luckier than some rivals, thanks to almost 90 percent of the Acura and Honda vehicles sold in the US being built in North America. According to a statement issued by American Honda, while most of the parts and materials used to produce these products are purchased from North American suppliers, a few critical electronic parts are sourced from Thailand.
Author: Glenn Brooks
The obvious highlight of a very busy first-week-back-from-summer-hols was Ford's new product extravaganza in Amsterdam on Thursday (6 September) which was most interesting and had me thinking back to ...
The disasters that hit Japan and Thailand last year have been generally viewed as 'abnormal', but such events are actually becoming the norm....
A final update of just-auto's list of concepts and production models which made their debuts at the Los Angeles auto show's 28 & 29 November press days....
An updated list of world premiere concepts and production models which appeared at the Paris motor show's 27 & 28 September press preview days....
Automakers in India are taking advantage of the annual festive season to respond to sluggish demand so far this year by offering discounts and incentives....
- COMMENT: 'Showing instruments' in West stand off?
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (2)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Citroën DS4
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (3)
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- SWEDEN: NEVS/Saab enters administration
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- Kia to build new plant for American markets
- SWEDEN: Redesign moves XC90 up market in UK
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029