THAI FLOODS: Honda North American plants set for restart
Parts supply problems now having been almost fully resolved, all of Honda's North American plants will resume normal production by 1 December, the parent company says. The hiatus had been caused by the inundation of Honda and supplier plants in Thailand.
Honda has been luckier than some rivals, thanks to almost 90 percent of the Acura and Honda vehicles sold in the US being built in North America. According to a statement issued by American Honda, while most of the parts and materials used to produce these products are purchased from North American suppliers, a few critical electronic parts are sourced from Thailand.
Author: Glenn Brooks
The obvious highlight of a very busy first-week-back-from-summer-hols was Ford's new product extravaganza in Amsterdam on Thursday (6 September) which was most interesting and had me thinking back to ...
The disasters that hit Japan and Thailand last year have been generally viewed as 'abnormal', but such events are actually becoming the norm....
A final update of just-auto's list of concepts and production models which made their debuts at the Los Angeles auto show's 28 & 29 November press days....
An updated list of world premiere concepts and production models which appeared at the Paris motor show's 27 & 28 September press preview days....
Automakers in India are taking advantage of the annual festive season to respond to sluggish demand so far this year by offering discounts and incentives....
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- PRODUCT EYE: Audi RS Q3
- 2014 NYIAS: List of world premieres
- 2014 BEIJING SHOW: World premieres
- Discovery Sport to replace Land Rover's Freelander
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- GM CEO recall comments draw senator's retort
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028