INDIA: Honda adds CR-V to assembly line at Greater Noida
The new CR-V is assembled in the same plant as the Amaze, Brio, City and Jazz small cars
Honda Cars India (HCIL) has begun assembling the fourth generation CR-V at its Greater Noida plant in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Due to the lack of import duties, the new model is now some 10% cheaper.
"With the launch of the fourth generation CR-V, we once again affirm our commitment to bring the latest from the global Honda portfolio to our customers in India. It is a matter of great pride for us at HCIL to assemble the CR-V in India for the first time," Hironori Kanayama, president and CEO, Honda Cars India said, according to a release from HCIL.
The new CR-V will be available with the choice of two four-cylinder petrol engines.
Prices (ex-showroom Delhi) are as follows:
- 2.4 automatic with audio video navigation: INR2.39m (US$44,225)
- 2.4 automatic: INR2.24m
- 2.0 automatic: INR2.09m
- 2.0 manual: INR2m
Author: Glenn Brooks
The battle over air conditioning refrigerant between Mercedes-Benz and France (more or less repping the EU) continued this week with neither side showing signs of backing down....
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Honda is to re-start work on a test course cancelled in 2008 when the financial crisis hit....
Honda has announced plans to build a second car factory in Brazil doubling its annual capacity in the country to 240,000 units....
Honda is to spend around $215m on Ohio operations to add new powertrain manufacturing equipment, a technical training centre at its engine plant in Anna, plus a heritage centre and office space at Mar...
Toyota's Aqua (Prius C) hybrid was again the top-selling car in Japan for July with sales of 28,657 units, up 9.1% year on year, industry bodies said....
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- CEO says Citroen wants to be quirky again
- Volvo's engine and platform independence progress
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- Indian summer for SsangYong - ANALYSIS
- Jaguar Land Rover expands engine plant capacity
- VW Group reins in capital spending
- Bosch investigated for role in VW scandal
- Prosecutors eye VW workers for emissions tax evade
- Volkswagen making progress on diesel emissions fix
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electronic braking market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE mirrors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030