INDIA: Honda adds CR-V to assembly line at Greater Noida
The new CR-V is assembled in the same plant as the Amaze, Brio, City and Jazz small cars
Honda Cars India (HCIL) has begun assembling the fourth generation CR-V at its Greater Noida plant in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Due to the lack of import duties, the new model is now some 10% cheaper.
"With the launch of the fourth generation CR-V, we once again affirm our commitment to bring the latest from the global Honda portfolio to our customers in India. It is a matter of great pride for us at HCIL to assemble the CR-V in India for the first time," Hironori Kanayama, president and CEO, Honda Cars India said, according to a release from HCIL.
The new CR-V will be available with the choice of two four-cylinder petrol engines.
Prices (ex-showroom Delhi) are as follows:
- 2.4 automatic with audio video navigation: INR2.39m (US$44,225)
- 2.4 automatic: INR2.24m
- 2.0 automatic: INR2.09m
- 2.0 manual: INR2m
Author: Glenn Brooks
The battle over air conditioning refrigerant between Mercedes-Benz and France (more or less repping the EU) continued this week with neither side showing signs of backing down....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Motorcycles, Scooters and Mopeds in Thousand Units by the following Product Segments: Motorcycles, Scooters, and Mopeds. The report provides separate com...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Honda is to re-start work on a test course cancelled in 2008 when the financial crisis hit....
Honda has announced plans to build a second car factory in Brazil doubling its annual capacity in the country to 240,000 units....
Honda is to spend around $215m on Ohio operations to add new powertrain manufacturing equipment, a technical training centre at its engine plant in Anna, plus a heritage centre and office space at Mar...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- PRODUCT EYE: Audi RS Q3
- BEIJING DEBUTS: New Cruze, but old model to remain
- PSA issues new business plan
- NYIAS DEBUTS: Multiple updates after 1st Media Day
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- GM HR and comms chiefs quit
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global electrified light vehicles market 2007 to 2018