INDIA: Honda adds CR-V to assembly line at Greater Noida
The new CR-V is assembled in the same plant as the Amaze, Brio, City and Jazz small cars
Honda Cars India (HCIL) has begun assembling the fourth generation CR-V at its Greater Noida plant in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Due to the lack of import duties, the new model is now some 10% cheaper.
"With the launch of the fourth generation CR-V, we once again affirm our commitment to bring the latest from the global Honda portfolio to our customers in India. It is a matter of great pride for us at HCIL to assemble the CR-V in India for the first time," Hironori Kanayama, president and CEO, Honda Cars India said, according to a release from HCIL.
The new CR-V will be available with the choice of two four-cylinder petrol engines.
Prices (ex-showroom Delhi) are as follows:
- 2.4 automatic with audio video navigation: INR2.39m (US$44,225)
- 2.4 automatic: INR2.24m
- 2.0 automatic: INR2.09m
- 2.0 manual: INR2m
Author: Glenn Brooks
The battle over air conditioning refrigerant between Mercedes-Benz and France (more or less repping the EU) continued this week with neither side showing signs of backing down....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Motorcycles, Scooters and Mopeds in Thousand Units by the following Product Segments: Motorcycles, Scooters, and Mopeds. The report provides separate com...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Honda is to re-start work on a test course cancelled in 2008 when the financial crisis hit....
Honda has announced plans to build a second car factory in Brazil doubling its annual capacity in the country to 240,000 units....
Honda is to spend around $215m on Ohio operations to add new powertrain manufacturing equipment, a technical training centre at its engine plant in Anna, plus a heritage centre and office space at Mar...
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (1)
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- JLR looks to increase home supply content
- JLR-Chery JV opens China factory
- Ford announces new engine investment for Dagenham
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)