KENYA: Hino starts assembly at new factory
Toyota has commenced the production of Hino commercial vehicles in Kenya.
The assembly plant will initially produce an estimated forty trucks and buses a month. Local reports suggest that the figure could grow depending on demand for the vehicle in the east African region.
The plant is Hino's third in Africa and there are plans to introduce lighter duty vehicles over the next two years.
The battle over air conditioning refrigerant between Mercedes-Benz and France (more or less repping the EU) continued this week with neither side showing signs of backing down....
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
South Africa's automotive employers body is warning of the impact on future export potential as more than 31,000 assembly line workers strike indefinitely next Monday (19 August), paralysing large swa...
Toyota Motor is building schools and investing in training local talent to build a better social relationship in Southeast Asia....
Toyota Motor will introduce its top-of-the-line Camry Hybrid in India. At an expected price of around INR3.6m (US$58,522) (ex-showroom, Delhi), the model would be the costliest Toyota sedan in the mar...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: More musical chairs
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- COMMENT: Tesla's Musk talks a good game
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- PARIS DEBUTS: Renault EOLAB concept
- Alliance re-thinking EV battery strategy - report
- Jaguar "takes over London" for XE reveal
- Bosch taking over EPS JV with ZF
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)