Toyota has commenced the production of Hino commercial vehicles in Kenya.
The assembly plant will initially produce an estimated forty trucks and buses a month. Local reports suggest that the figure could grow depending on demand for the vehicle in the east African region.
The plant is Hino's third in Africa and there are plans to introduce lighter duty vehicles over the next two years.
The battle over air conditioning refrigerant between Mercedes-Benz and France (more or less repping the EU) continued this week with neither side showing signs of backing down....
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
South Africa's automotive employers body is warning of the impact on future export potential as more than 31,000 assembly line workers strike indefinitely next Monday (19 August), paralysing large swa...
Toyota Motor is building schools and investing in training local talent to build a better social relationship in Southeast Asia....
Toyota Motor will introduce its top-of-the-line Camry Hybrid in India. At an expected price of around INR3.6m (US$58,522) (ex-showroom, Delhi), the model would be the costliest Toyota sedan in the mar...
- ANALYSIS - Jaguar takes on Porsche with F-PACE
- Peugeot steps up a gear with new 3008
- Autumn facelift beckons for Citroen's Family hit
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - platforms to go to
- Delphi Powertrain VP on compliance - Q&A
- Tesla chooses Mando for autonomous technology
- Ford recalls 271,000 F-150s for brake job
- Romanian PM asks Ford for more
- Peugeot reveals revamped 3008 compact SUV
- GKN wins plug-in AWD axle deal