KENYA: Hino starts assembly at new factory
Toyota has commenced the production of Hino commercial vehicles in Kenya.
The assembly plant will initially produce an estimated forty trucks and buses a month. Local reports suggest that the figure could grow depending on demand for the vehicle in the east African region.
The plant is Hino's third in Africa and there are plans to introduce lighter duty vehicles over the next two years.
The battle over air conditioning refrigerant between Mercedes-Benz and France (more or less repping the EU) continued this week with neither side showing signs of backing down....
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
South Africa's automotive employers body is warning of the impact on future export potential as more than 31,000 assembly line workers strike indefinitely next Monday (19 August), paralysing large swa...
Toyota Motor is building schools and investing in training local talent to build a better social relationship in Southeast Asia....
Toyota Motor will introduce its top-of-the-line Camry Hybrid in India. At an expected price of around INR3.6m (US$58,522) (ex-showroom, Delhi), the model would be the costliest Toyota sedan in the mar...
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (1)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- JLR looks to increase home supply content
- Japan's carmakers bring home foreign-made models
- GM sued for $10bn over losses on 27m recalled cars
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)