SPAIN: Grupo Antolin and NHK Spring’s Thai unit to set up auto headliners JV
Grupo Antolin and NHK Spring's Thai unit are establishing a joint venture (JV) in Thailand to manufacture automotive headliners. The new company will be based in Bangkok and will be named NHK Antolin Thailand.
NHK Antolin Thailand will manufacture components for the major automakers in Thailand - Ford, Nissan, Honda, General Motors, Isuzu and Mitsubishi, reported Plastics News. The new company will employ around 100 people and is anticipated to generate a turnover of EUR23m (US$29.5m) in 2014.
Antolin said in a statement: "This joint venture marks an important milestone and allows us to reinforce our positioning in Southeast Asia, a region of sustained growth with a suggestive and promising market." Antolin added that Thailand will manufacture 2m cars by the end of this year and aims to reach 3m in 2016.
Antolin added: "(The JV) will enable us to become a major player in Thailand in the field of headliner development and manufacturing."
The partnership between Grupo Antolin and NHK Spring started when Antolin sold a technological licence to NHK Spring in August 2008 to make headliners.
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Honda Motor said subsidiary Honda de Mexico will build a CVT automatic transmission plant alongside the car plant it is constructing in Celaya, near Guanajuato, Mexico. The complex will start Fit [Jaz...
The South African government has announced a series of incentives aimed at encouraging both the local manufacturing of electric vehicles and their purchase....
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- Yes, some car companies do good things – COMMENT
- Integrated Canadian test cells impress OEMs
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- Indian summer for SsangYong - ANALYSIS
- Bosch investigated for role in VW scandal
- VW Group reins in capital spending
- Canada "needs to turn automakers back" from Mexico
- Jaguar Land Rover expands engine plant capacity
- World premieres at 2015 LA auto show
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE mirrors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electronic braking market- forecasts to 2030