HONG KONG: Great Wall names model launches for 2013
Great Wall has announced a global sales target of 700,000 vehicles for calendar 2013. The Hong Kong-based manufacturer also says it will launch 13 new vehicles this year, some of which are expected to be updates of existing models.
In 2012, Great Wall saw its global sales rise by 28% YoY to 620,000 vehicles, of which 96,500 were in markets outside China, a YoY rise of 16 percent.
The firm has named the following new models as being due for launch in 2013: Haval H2, Haval H8, Great Wall C50 2013, and Wingle 6. The first of these models are expected to be revealed at AutoShanghai in April.
Author: Glenn Brooks
Companies: Great Wall
More than half of China's listed auto companies enjoyed an improved first half performance in 2013 over last year with higher net profits compared with a year ago....
Pickup truck and SUV specialist Great Wall Motor said it expected its first half net profit to rise 73.7% year on year....
- COMMENT: McLaren comes of age
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Mitsubishi throws in US towel
- Q&A with Ricardo on future powertrain technology
- ANALYSIS: Making sense of China's sales volatility
- Briefing: Tomorrow's steering systems
- Delphi ramps up acquisitions
- Audi to debut OLED lighting at IAA
- Negative pricing pressure in China - Ford
- Chery spearheads China’s auto export drive
- Audi brand sets first half sales record
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE tyres market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2030