AUSTRALIA: GM's Holden clinches China car design deal
General Motors' Australian unit Holden will develop at least two new car models for China after sealing a deal with GM's Chinese partner.
The deal with China came after Holden secured a A$275m (US$285m) funding package from the Australian government, which is determined to keep the industry afloat and protect manufacturing jobs, Reuters reported.
Together with the government funding, GM also pledged A$1 billion investment in Holden.
Holden signed the agreement with Shanghai General Motors (SGM) and the Pan Asia Technical Automotive Centre, a joint venture between GM and Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp, on Monday, to develop at least two new models for SGM and its affiliates in China, the news agency said.
The new models will be designed at Holden's technical centre, based in Port Melbourne, and built in China.
The fragility of the automotive supply chain has been highlighted by natural disasters, particularly in Asia over the past 18 months. This month's management briefing considers how fragile the supply ...
New vehicle sales in the Philippines increased 2.4% year on year to 12,555 units in September from 12,856 units last year, according the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of the Philippines (CAMPI)....
Over 2,000 workers at General Motors' Opel/Vauxhall plant in Ellesmere Port, northwest England, are moving to a four-day week as a cost-cutting move....
In its clearest signal yet that it wishes Cadillac to become a global luxury brand, General Motors has switched its chief lobbyist to a new position as head of the division....
- What does 'Brexit' mean for the auto sector?
- Ford's future models and platforms
- The self-driving Volvo is getting closer
- And so Brexit begins - The Week That Was
- Arxan Technologies on cyber security - Q&A
- "No trade barriers" says FKG amid Brexit fallout
- Volkswagen scandal - Porsche plunges into the red
- Aston Martin lost GBP127.9m in 2015
- VDA warns against post-Brexit customs barriers
- Shocked CLEPA to discuss Brexit in Madrid
- Jaguar Land Rover: Adapting the original SUV & turning middle class Britishness into a business asset
- Tesla Motors, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Automotive Megatrends
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (12-month membership)
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market - forecasts to 2030