Car output by GM Uzbekistan, a joint venture between General Motors and Uzbek automaker Uzavtoprom, rose 5.1 % year on year to 205,011 units in 2009, Uzbekistan’s state statistics committee said, according to PRIME-TASS.

GM Uzbekistan produced 90,650 Nexias, down 4.6%; 69,130 Matiz, down 1.4%; 23,633 Damas minivans, down 3.6%; 19,400 Lacettis, up from about 1,385 units in 2008; 1,098 Epica cars, down about 31%; and 1,100 Captiva SUVs, down about 29%.

GM holds 25% plus one share in the joint venture while Uzavtoprom holds the remaining 75%.