US: GM recalls nearly 16,000 cars over safety issues
General Motors is recalling 15,575 Cadillac, Buick and Chevrolet cars to correct potential safety flaws.
The recalls, posted earlier this week by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, involve 2,949 2012 model Buick Verano, Chevrolet Cruze and Chevrolet Sonic compacts with driver side air bags that might not deploy in a crash.
Also involved are 12,626 2013 model Cadillac XTS sedans with rear-seat head restraints that might not lock in position. The problems could increase the risk of injury to occupants, NHTSA said.
GM said it will replace the steering wheel airbag coil on the compact cars and replace the head restraints on the Cadillacs. GM dealers will provide the repairs free of charge.
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive safety systems sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this...
Quarterly/fiscal full year results continued to roll in this week with a healthy uptick at Suzuki in 2012/3, the latest Japanese automaker to finally shrug off the combined effects of the double whamm...
Ongoing sovereign debt crises across Europe are continuing to have a major impact on the Continent's automaking development, with 2007 production levels not expected to return until 2017, says analyst...
New vehicle sales in Vietnam jumped by 34% to 8,001 units in April, from a depressed 5,972 units in the same month of last year, according to data released by the Vietnam Automotive Manufacturers Asso...
American Axle & Manufacturing's (AAM's) net income in the first quarter of 2013 was US$7.3m, or $0.10 per share compared to net income of $51.2m, or $0.68 per share, in the first quarter of 2012, a fa...
Vehicle sales by General Motors (GM) and its joint ventures in China increased 15.3% year on year last month to an April record of 261,870 units.Vehicle sales by General Motors (GM) and its joint vent...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2015 Range Rover Hybrid
- Briefing: 48V mild hybrids (3)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Hobnobbing with the A-listers
- Volvo UK specs up seven seat XC90 redesign
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes smart brand's last chance?
- Geneva show debuts list updated
- BMW 2 Series Convertible launched
- OnStar to be 'revolutionary' in Europe - Opel head
- No Mexico-Brazil agreement on new auto pact
- NEVS estimates reorganisation exit "very likely"
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates - Latest Monthly Update
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029