THAILAND: GM plant to build Alfa Romeo 156
The deal will give Fiat relatively easy access to local production facilities for the many markets in the region still protected by various measures to encourage local assembly. It will also boost Rayong's capacity utilisation, the sources added.
Rayong was opened in 1999 to make 130,000 vehicles a year. It is expected to
produce 75,000 Opel-designed Zafira minivans for GM's Asia-Pacific affiliates
in 2001 and is due to start building 40,000 Isuzu-designed pickups per year
from the middle of 2003.
To view related research reports, please follow the links
This year sees a record number of new models - not mere facelifts - destined for UK showrooms. For carmakers, it should give a boost to flagging sales on the back of increased use of platform sharing....
Was John DeLorean as bad as many said he was? Or as good? A man who knew him attempts a summing-up of a brilliant and controversial motor industry executive and entrepreneur. By Karl Ludvigsen...
Fiat will invest about $US500 million in Brazil between 2005 and 2007 to develop new models and to modernise its plant in Betim city, Minas Gerais state....
General Motors on Thursday reportedly said it would stop advertising in the Los Angeles Times because of concerns over "factual errors and misrepresentations" in newspaper articles....
Two General Motors pickup trucks, the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra, fared the worst in a new batch of government crash tests of 2005 pickups, the government said, according to the Associated Pre...
General Motors on Wednesday announced it will invest more than $US100 million in its Struandale, South Africa, plant to assemble the Hummer H3 SUV....
General Motors in the US has reintroduced its Hot Button marketing promotion, which runs from April 11 to May 31....
General Motors vice chairman Bob Lutz and group vice president Gary Cowger will focus full-time on global responsibilities - Lutz on product development and Cowger on manufacturing/labour - and relinq...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Connecting cars in Canada
- Volvo's engine and platform independence progress
- CEO says Citroen wants to be quirky again
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- Audi suspends two engineers over US diesel V6
- Takata manipulated test results back to 2000
- BMW launches fully online car buying process
- Brose completes JLR seat supply factory in UK
- Honda postpones new Brazil plant opening
- Autonomous Vehicles: Divergent futures
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electric motors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030