CHINA: GM JV hopes for Chongqing plant start in new year
General Motors' joint venture with local partners SAIC and Wuling will start building a new plant in Chongqing, China early next year, pending government approvals.
Reuters reported the CNY6.6bn first phase is scheduled to open in 2015 and the plant will have annual production capacity of 400,000 vehicles and engines.
The JV will announce the models to be built there closer to the start of production.
The new plant will help the JV reach its production target of 2m vehicles a year by the end of 2015.
More read-it-and-weep news for struggling European rivals from Volkswagen group this week as it chalked up another little milestone - selling over 3m vehicles in the first four months of a year....
Vehicle assembly in Colombia began in 1956 when the government signed an agreement to build Austin trucks locally. Colombian entrepreneurs soon saw the opportunity to invest in technology to be part o...
I wouldn't have thought that, with the current state of play in the European auto industry, there'd be too much niggle in the union ranks. But we've reported on a bit this week....
What are Opel's 3,000 odd workers at its Bochum plant in the heavily-industrialised region of North-Rhine Westphalia (NRW) thinking today?...
Geely's Volvo Cars has named former GM marketing executive Alain Visser, who joined last year, as its new senior vice president marketing, sales and customer service, replacing Doug Speck who is leavi...
After announcing an after-tax operating loss of A$141m for the 2012 financial year, following a A$290m loss in 2011, Ford has finally thrown in the manufacturing towel in Australia and will close its ...
The board of directors of Geely Automobile have announced management changes....
Chinese business interests are again reportedly moving to buy financially crippled electric car start-up Fisker Automotive....
- Management briefing: Paris show preview
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: BMW i8
- Jaguar's XE spearheads new industrial strategy
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris gets closer
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Renault Twingo
- PARIS DEBUTS: Honda CR-V facelift
- EC gives Germany two months to comply with MAC
- Ford recalls 850,050 cars for airbag systems check
- Ford lowers 2014 pre-tax profit outlook
- JLR to start Brazil assembly with Discovery Sport?
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report
- Analysis of over 140 Lithium-based Rechargeable Battery Manufacturers: Chemistry, Strategy, Success
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)