JAPAN: GKN Driveline in Japan appoints new president
Hidehito Takahashi has been appointed president and representative director of GKN Driveline in Japan. Starting in January, he will be based at the company’s Japan head office in Tochigi.
Marc Vuarchex, managing director, GKN Driveline Asia Pacific said: “Japan is a crucial market with extensive manufacturing and research and development investment for us that has a great significance for the region and globally. We welcome Takahashi-san and his international experience. He is an excellent leader with a successful career as the top executive of foreign-owned companies operating in Japan. I am confident that he will contribute to the development of the company’s business not only in the Japanese market but also throughout the world.”
Hidehito Takahashi who has a Batchelor of Arts in Economics from Tokyo University and a Masters of Business Administration, Finance and Accounting from the Columbia Business School in the USA, has previously worked at the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi and General Electric Japan.
Daimler India Commercial Vehicles (DICV), a wholly owned subsidiary of German automotive giant Daimler, has exported the first batch of 64 Fuso trucks manufactured at its Oragadam plant in the outskir...
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
Mitsubishi says it will tackle the problems that led to delayed product recalls through an organisation directly answerable to the president....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electric motors sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to...
The first minicar developed by Mitsubishi Motors with Nissan input went on sale in Japan today (6 June). The DAYZ is the result of a two-year cooperation with Mitsubishi Motors and is built by Mitsubi...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global 4WD and AWD sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gai...
Mitsubishi Motors is to cease development of commercial vehicles including minitrucks....
- COMMENT: ADAS rollout comes with human issues
- COMMENT: Why the VW Touareg Hybrid had to die
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Driving for fun...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: London on the show circuit?
- ANALYSIS: Will the XE work for Jaguar?
- Chinese brands have failed to catch on in Brazil
- London coming back on motor show circuit
- Finally, Ford's Mustang is 'official' for Europe
- Marchionne merger overtures to GM's Barra rebuffed
- Volvo China plant starts US exports
- Heavy Duty Trucks Market in Europe 2015-2019
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029