SWITZERLAND: Geneva show debut for Renault Scenic XMOD
The XMOD has drive to its front wheels only but features Renault's new 'Extended Grip' traction control system
Renault is set to pull the covers off an updated Scénic and Grand Scénic range at the Geneva motor show. As well as the facelifts and new engines, the XMOD, a rival for the VW CrossTouran, will also be revealed.
This is the second styling update for Renault's C-segment MPVs, their first facelift having been launched in early 2012. The latest revisions centre on a new front end that has strong links to the Renault Captur, which will also be a world premiere at Geneva.
Renault says the Scénic, Grand Scénic and Scénic XMOD will each be available with three versions of its Energy powertrains. This includes a new TCe 130 Stop & Start engine, which is claimed to have a 15% reduction in fuel consumption over the previous TCe 130 unit, equivalent to a Combined cycle saving of more than 1 litre/100km.
In the UK market, the XMOD will replace the Scénic but the Grand Scénic will continue. No on-sale dates for these new and updated vehicles have been announced.
The Scénic has had a mock-SUV derivative before: the RX4 (Europe) or Scénic Stepway (Brazil) was part of the first generation range.
Author: Glenn Brooks
The row over air conditioning refrigerant between the French government and Daimler's Mercedes-Benz Cars has kept one of our number rather busy this week....
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
General Motors has hired former Volvo CEO Stefan Jacoby to head up international operations. He replaces Tim Lee, who will take up the position of chairman, GM China....
- ANALYSIS: Mégane GT 220 & future Renaults
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Premium electric SUVs...
- COMMENT: TPP legacy as Obama's Grand Projet?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: smart & VW Golf updates
- Ford may revive Bronco and Ranger for US - reports
- Wraps come off fourth generation Kia Sportage
- Jeep hacker resigns from Twitter - report
- Toyota Thailand suspends Prius due to tax dispute
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Volkswagen AG - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030