UK: General Motors' Opel/Vauxhall announces senior management changes
Steve Catlin, formerly General Motors' Vauxhall national retail sales manager in the UK, has been promoted to retail sales director, reporting directly to chairman and managing director, Duncan Aldred.
Catlin has been with the company for 13 years in a variety of positions of increasing responsibility in marketing, retail and fleet sales.
"This is a wonderful opportunity for me to oversee retail sales during an important time in the company's history," he said, citing planned 2013 model launches such as the Mokka small SUV, ADAM city car and the Cascada convertible.
He replaces Rory Harvey, who has been promoted to executive director, sales, Opel Western Europe.
Harvey is now responsible for national sales in Italy, France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Greece and Portugal.
He joined GM in 1989 and has held a variety of positions of increased responsibility including stints in the Middle East as aftersales director and at Chevrolet UK as managing director.
"I'm very happy to be offered a new challenge," he said. "I'm delighted to take on this new European role during an unprecedented period of new model launches."
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Urgent and concerted action needs to be taken to address the contentious issue of automotive over-capacity in Europe, but also in developing markets according to a study by KPMG....
A spokesman for Dongfeng Motor has reportedly told a Chinese newspaper that the state-controlled firm has no comment to make over rumours of it buying into PSA Peugeot Citroën....
Total light vehicle sales last month came in at just over 1.4m, 9.1% ahead of June 2012. That works out to a seasonally adjusted annualised rate (SAAR) of 15.96m, the highest since November 2007, the ...
- ANALYSIS: MG on the road to nowhere
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The year is flying by...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Land Rover Defender
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: It's good news week....
- Regulator fines Deloitte over MG Rover failures
- Shanghai show debuts list updated
- GERMANY: Mazda outsells Nissan as Qashqai crashes
- JLR automates priority warranty parts returns
- EXCLUSIVE UK: New platform key to Honda Civic deal
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029