UK: General Motors' Opel/Vauxhall announces senior management changes
Steve Catlin, formerly General Motors' Vauxhall national retail sales manager in the UK, has been promoted to retail sales director, reporting directly to chairman and managing director, Duncan Aldred.
Catlin has been with the company for 13 years in a variety of positions of increasing responsibility in marketing, retail and fleet sales.
"This is a wonderful opportunity for me to oversee retail sales during an important time in the company's history," he said, citing planned 2013 model launches such as the Mokka small SUV, ADAM city car and the Cascada convertible.
He replaces Rory Harvey, who has been promoted to executive director, sales, Opel Western Europe.
Harvey is now responsible for national sales in Italy, France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Greece and Portugal.
He joined GM in 1989 and has held a variety of positions of increased responsibility including stints in the Middle East as aftersales director and at Chevrolet UK as managing director.
"I'm very happy to be offered a new challenge," he said. "I'm delighted to take on this new European role during an unprecedented period of new model launches."
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Units by the following Product Segments: Battery Powered Electric Vehicles (BPEVs), Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs), and Fuel ...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Urgent and concerted action needs to be taken to address the contentious issue of automotive over-capacity in Europe, but also in developing markets according to a study by KPMG....
A spokesman for Dongfeng Motor has reportedly told a Chinese newspaper that the state-controlled firm has no comment to make over rumours of it buying into PSA Peugeot Citroën....
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tatkata airbag recall extended to 7.8m US vehicles
- JLR-Chery JV opens China factory
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- Ford announces new engine investment for Dagenham
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)