UK: General Motors' Opel/Vauxhall announces senior management changes
Steve Catlin, formerly General Motors' Vauxhall national retail sales manager in the UK, has been promoted to retail sales director, reporting directly to chairman and managing director, Duncan Aldred.
Catlin has been with the company for 13 years in a variety of positions of increasing responsibility in marketing, retail and fleet sales.
"This is a wonderful opportunity for me to oversee retail sales during an important time in the company's history," he said, citing planned 2013 model launches such as the Mokka small SUV, ADAM city car and the Cascada convertible.
He replaces Rory Harvey, who has been promoted to executive director, sales, Opel Western Europe.
Harvey is now responsible for national sales in Italy, France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Greece and Portugal.
He joined GM in 1989 and has held a variety of positions of increased responsibility including stints in the Middle East as aftersales director and at Chevrolet UK as managing director.
"I'm very happy to be offered a new challenge," he said. "I'm delighted to take on this new European role during an unprecedented period of new model launches."
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Urgent and concerted action needs to be taken to address the contentious issue of automotive over-capacity in Europe, but also in developing markets according to a study by KPMG....
A spokesman for Dongfeng Motor has reportedly told a Chinese newspaper that the state-controlled firm has no comment to make over rumours of it buying into PSA Peugeot Citroën....
Total light vehicle sales last month came in at just over 1.4m, 9.1% ahead of June 2012. That works out to a seasonally adjusted annualised rate (SAAR) of 15.96m, the highest since November 2007, the ...
- COMMENT: Volvo's US sales surge as China reverses
- COMMENT: Ford F-Series production soars
- China's economic turbulence worries auto industry
- Baking Kias at 45C
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: BMW plug-in 2AT added
- Land Rover develops 'see-through trailer' concept
- Nissan allocates redesigned Juke to Sunderland
- Brazil Four losing sales faster than industry rate
- Uber hires car hacking engineers
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global heavy trucks market