UK: General Motors' Opel/Vauxhall announces senior management changes
Steve Catlin, formerly General Motors' Vauxhall national retail sales manager in the UK, has been promoted to retail sales director, reporting directly to chairman and managing director, Duncan Aldred.
Catlin has been with the company for 13 years in a variety of positions of increasing responsibility in marketing, retail and fleet sales.
"This is a wonderful opportunity for me to oversee retail sales during an important time in the company's history," he said, citing planned 2013 model launches such as the Mokka small SUV, ADAM city car and the Cascada convertible.
He replaces Rory Harvey, who has been promoted to executive director, sales, Opel Western Europe.
Harvey is now responsible for national sales in Italy, France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Greece and Portugal.
He joined GM in 1989 and has held a variety of positions of increased responsibility including stints in the Middle East as aftersales director and at Chevrolet UK as managing director.
"I'm very happy to be offered a new challenge," he said. "I'm delighted to take on this new European role during an unprecedented period of new model launches."
This management report presents an exclusive insight into how the auto industry coped and the lessons it learnt from the 2011 monsoon floods. Those floods ranked as one of the five costliest natural d...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Units by the following Product Segments: Battery Powered Electric Vehicles (BPEVs), Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs), and Fuel ...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Urgent and concerted action needs to be taken to address the contentious issue of automotive over-capacity in Europe, but also in developing markets according to a study by KPMG....
- COMMENT: 'Showing instruments' in West stand off?
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (2)
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Citroën DS4
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (3)
- SWEDEN: NEVS/Saab enters administration
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- Kia to build new plant for American markets
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- SWEDEN: Redesign moves XC90 up market in UK
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029