SOUTH AFRICA: Geely to open R&D centre in Midrand by end of 2012
Geely will inaugurate its new R&D centre at its Midrand head office on 20 December. The development is in line with the automaker's plans for local expansion and brand investment.
Mervyn Harding, who will manage the R&D centre, says the centre has already started operations reports 3D Car Show. Harding said: "We will be evaluating a number of products, which may become available for right hand drive markets in the future, ranging from completely new models, to different derivatives of models already seen on our roads. Needless to say, we continue with thorough testing of endurance and quality issues, with suggestions, feedback and local adaptation as the key priorities in our ongoing communication with Geely International."
The centre will assess the current and future Geely models in South Africa and is all set to evaluate three new cars which are slated for launch in local market by December.
Quarterly/fiscal full year results continued to roll in this week with a healthy uptick at Suzuki in 2012/3, the latest Japanese automaker to finally shrug off the combined effects of the double whamm...
Datamonitor's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organ...
Geely Group's Volvo Cars is ramping up production of its V60 plug-in diesel hybrid by 90% to cope with strong demand across Europe, particularly in Holland, Belgium and Italy....
The analysts in this report forecast the Light-duty Green Vehicles market in China in China to grow at a CAGR of 23.38 percent over the period 2012-2016....
Geely's Volvo Car Group today (Monday 13 May, 2013) began production of a new family of four cylinder petrol and diesel engines at its revamped Skövde engine plant....
Detroit Electric, the start-up electric car maker is to partner with China's Geely Automobile to develop EVs for the Chinese market....
Details of concepts and new models which made their global debuts on Saturday 20 April at Auto Shanghai's media preview day....
Volvo will likely report a big operating loss in China for 2012 as slow sales and a costly new factory weighed on results, Swedish daily Svenska Dagbladet reported....
- COMMENT: 'Showing instruments' in West stand off?
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (3)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Citroën DS4
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (2)
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- [12:45BST update]: Nissan's Palmer named Aston CEO
- PARIS DEBUTS: Infiniti Q70 2.2d
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- CHENGDU SHOW: World premieres
- SWEDEN: Redesign moves XC90 up market in UK
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants