SOUTH AFRICA: Geely to open R&D centre in Midrand by end of 2012
Geely will inaugurate its new R&D centre at its Midrand head office on 20 December. The development is in line with the automaker's plans for local expansion and brand investment.
Mervyn Harding, who will manage the R&D centre, says the centre has already started operations reports 3D Car Show. Harding said: "We will be evaluating a number of products, which may become available for right hand drive markets in the future, ranging from completely new models, to different derivatives of models already seen on our roads. Needless to say, we continue with thorough testing of endurance and quality issues, with suggestions, feedback and local adaptation as the key priorities in our ongoing communication with Geely International."
The centre will assess the current and future Geely models in South Africa and is all set to evaluate three new cars which are slated for launch in local market by December.
Quarterly/fiscal full year results continued to roll in this week with a healthy uptick at Suzuki in 2012/3, the latest Japanese automaker to finally shrug off the combined effects of the double whamm...
Geely Group's Volvo Cars is ramping up production of its V60 plug-in diesel hybrid by 90% to cope with strong demand across Europe, particularly in Holland, Belgium and Italy....
Geely's Volvo Car Group today (Monday 13 May, 2013) began production of a new family of four cylinder petrol and diesel engines at its revamped Skövde engine plant....
Detroit Electric, the start-up electric car maker is to partner with China's Geely Automobile to develop EVs for the Chinese market....
Details of concepts and new models which made their global debuts on Saturday 20 April at Auto Shanghai's media preview day....
Volvo will likely report a big operating loss in China for 2012 as slow sales and a costly new factory weighed on results, Swedish daily Svenska Dagbladet reported....
Geely's Volvo is looking to increase its presence by introducing new models and increasing its sales network in India....
Zhejiang Geely Holding sales chief Liu Jinliang said recently the company would introduce five new cars under its high end Emgrand brand in the next three years....
- ANALYSIS: What does TPP mean for autos?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Volkswagen, diesel, recalls
- COMMENT: Tesla Model X - the elephant in the room
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Redesigned Vauxhall (Opel) Astra
- Thailand looks to end first-time buyer overhang
- Aston Martin mulls new factory location
- JLR confirms Brazil plant will assemble Evoque
- LA SHOW: Facelifted Porsche 911 AWD variants
- EXCLUSIVE: Fiat UK returning to C segment in 2016
- VW India issues stop-sale order for Polo
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electric motors market- forecasts to 2030