SOUTH AFRICA: Geely to open R&D centre in Midrand by end of 2012
Geely will inaugurate its new R&D centre at its Midrand head office on 20 December. The development is in line with the automaker's plans for local expansion and brand investment.
Mervyn Harding, who will manage the R&D centre, says the centre has already started operations reports 3D Car Show. Harding said: "We will be evaluating a number of products, which may become available for right hand drive markets in the future, ranging from completely new models, to different derivatives of models already seen on our roads. Needless to say, we continue with thorough testing of endurance and quality issues, with suggestions, feedback and local adaptation as the key priorities in our ongoing communication with Geely International."
The centre will assess the current and future Geely models in South Africa and is all set to evaluate three new cars which are slated for launch in local market by December.
Quarterly/fiscal full year results continued to roll in this week with a healthy uptick at Suzuki in 2012/3, the latest Japanese automaker to finally shrug off the combined effects of the double whamm...
Geely Group's Volvo Cars is ramping up production of its V60 plug-in diesel hybrid by 90% to cope with strong demand across Europe, particularly in Holland, Belgium and Italy....
Geely's Volvo Car Group today (Monday 13 May, 2013) began production of a new family of four cylinder petrol and diesel engines at its revamped Skövde engine plant....
Detroit Electric, the start-up electric car maker is to partner with China's Geely Automobile to develop EVs for the Chinese market....
Details of concepts and new models which made their global debuts on Saturday 20 April at Auto Shanghai's media preview day....
Volvo will likely report a big operating loss in China for 2012 as slow sales and a costly new factory weighed on results, Swedish daily Svenska Dagbladet reported....
Geely's Volvo is looking to increase its presence by introducing new models and increasing its sales network in India....
Zhejiang Geely Holding sales chief Liu Jinliang said recently the company would introduce five new cars under its high end Emgrand brand in the next three years....
- COMMENT: ADAS rollout comes with human issues
- COMMENT: Why the VW Touareg Hybrid had to die
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Driving for fun...
- ANALYSIS: Will the XE work for Jaguar?
- ANALYSIS: Autonomous cars and interior design
- Chinese brands have failed to catch on in Brazil
- London coming back on motor show circuit
- Finally, Ford's Mustang is 'official' for Europe
- Marchionne merger overtures to GM's Barra rebuffed
- Volvo China plant starts US exports
- Heavy Duty Trucks Market in Europe 2015-2019
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029